• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crackdown on personal service companies could raise £400m in tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Well this is going well...
    People are a bit on edge that their gravy train might be reaching the end of the line Especially those who aren't confident they could hack a proper job.

Anyway...

So what day do we find out the actual proposals, and how concrete will they be - how much can what's proposed soon be changed before it gets announced officially?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      People are a bit on edge that their gravy train might be reaching the end of the line Especially those who aren't confident they could hack a proper job.

Anyway...

So what day do we find out the actual proposals, and how concrete will they be - how much can what's proposed soon be changed before it gets announced officially?
      Interesting outlook. The businessmen in the world will know that working for yourself is the definition of a proper job.
      I wonder how a mouthpiece like you would manage at running a proper business?
      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

You're saying a contractor isn't operating a proper business?

Comment

You're saying a contractor isn't operating a proper business?

A contractor Ltd is like business preschool. My dog could run one.
          I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            which bright spark came up with this idea of max 30 days contract ?
            In most places it takes 30 days to get logins.
            Yea i have been with this current place for nearly a month and still dont have access and licences for certain things lol

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
              A contractor Ltd is like business preschool. My dog could run one.
              I think your dog is too busy posting on your behalf on CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by jonneymendoza View Post
                Yea i have been with this current place for nearly a month and still dont have access and licences for certain things lol
                In fairness on my current gig I had everything I needed on day one. I was impressed.

Even a door pass and car park pass, which is odd as I work from home.
                I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

There will be an announcement in the Autumn Statement, next Wednesday (25), and I would expect it to cover T&S and IR35 next steps. It could be as simple as announcing a further consultation w/r to IR35 or, more likely, a concrete proposal (with or without consultation). After the AS, it could be some time before any real clarity is achieved, depending on the level of consultation (none to some) and the Finance Bill they aim for (2016 or 2017; the T&S was mooted for 2016 and anything on IR35 for 2017, but these could be OBE after the Autumn Statement). So, by next Wednesday, we should understand the degree of stupidity, but not in any detail.

Comment

Dont forget that we will now get taxed higher for dividends.

can someone remind me the tax rates?

i think its like 8.9% for first 7k and then 12% up to 20k and onwards 30%??

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      Everyone has to fall out with d000hg, its a CUK right of passage
                      They should avail themselves of the ignore button.

Comment

Working...
                      X