• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crackdown on personal service companies could raise £400m in tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonneymendoza View Post
    but the deficet will take longer to pay up as people will lose there jobs and cant pay tax at all being jobless
    Contractors losing their jobs?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
      I'm not worth the same pay as a permie dev.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I'm not working for the same pay as a permie dev.
        Really? Even if it's a choice between unemployment or earning a respectable wage?

I've said it before, there's such a sense of entitlement on CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Contractors losing their jobs?
          Yes, being made redundant by their Limited Company.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Really? Even if it's a choice between unemployment or earning a respectable wage?

I've said it before, there's such a sense of entitlement on CUK.
            No, of course not.

I'm not doing the same job as a permie to get the same wage while he gets all the benefits; pension, holidays, job securidy and all that while I get none of them.

Unless, of course, after 1 month we become permies with all the bells and whisltes even if we're going to be there for 6 moinths.

That's going to make pension planning just a liddle bit complicated.

Comment

We'd end up with 200 pensions each worth £50 after fees.

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                We'd end up with 200 pensions, each owing £50, even after after fees.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

No, of course not.

I'm not doing the same job as a permie to get the same wage while he gets all the benefits; pension, holidays, job securidy and all that while I get none of them.

Unless, of course, after 1 month we become permies with all the bells and whisltes even if we're going to be there for 6 moinths.

As far as I'm aware AWR says they will have to pay you all the benefits the perm staff get if you are on the books as a temp. Will be a massive headache for end clients.

Comment

No, of course not.

Here's a novel idea. You could do the same job as a permie for the same wage while getting all the benefits; pension, holidays, job security.

I think this is called "being a permie"? I've heard quite a few people manage to make ends meet that way.

Comment

Here's a novel idea. You could do the same job as a permie for the same wage while getting all the benefits; pension, holidays, job security.

I think this is called "being a permie"? I've heard quite a few people manage to make ends meet that way.
                      Are you actually Dawn Primarolo ??

Go on, you silly contractors, just go perm.
                      Last edited by TestMangler; 19 November 2015, 14:25.
                      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                      X