• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crackdown on personal service companies could raise £400m in tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Tough on the deficit, tough on the causes of the deficit...

Yes, for some reason Gideon seems to be laser-focused on the tax bits, less so on the spending/borrowing bits, in that most of the cuts they propose are just reductions to overall growth rates in govt spending more than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
      Yes, for some reason Gideon seems to be laser-focused on the tax bits, less so on the spending/borrowing bits, in that most of the cuts they propose are just reductions to overall growth rates in govt spending more than anything else.
      It's ironic but effectively the difference was that Labour would take on more debt and cut deficit longer thus resulting in lower taxes, but Cons massively increase the tax burden - next year I'll be paying around 30% more tax, that wasn't in their manifesto - pretty material change from my point of view.

I am particularly aggravated by the fact that supposedly financially prudent Tories are effectively forcing companies to pay out all money as dividends before Apr 2016 and avoid keeping cash reserve. Also it's an insult for Gideon to say - "we cut corp tax so now we take it back and more with dividends tax", ffs - what's the fooking point then? If I did not consider this country my home and wasn't as old as I am then I'd tell them to fook right off and go somewhere else - like Isle of Man for example!
      Last edited by AtW; 17 November 2015, 22:33.

Comment

It's ironic but effectively the difference was that Labour would take on more debt and cut deficit longer thus resulting in lower taxes, but Cons massively increase the tax burden - next year I'll be paying around 30% more tax, that wasn't in their manifesto - pretty material change from my point of view.
        I agree, obviously.

but.. someone has to fill this massive fckng crater that bobble-eye brown has left us with.

the answer, imho, is to bite the bullet, suck it up, then make sure that economic illiterates and fantasists never get their hands on the levers again
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          but.. someone has to fill this massive fckng crater that bobble-eye brown has left us with.
          1) Tories should have declared it during election - in fact it should be legal requirement for all parties to ONLY change taxes (other material things) that they have declared in their manifesto
          2) Tories should have said at least something along those lines - increased taxes are for the duration of Parliament to make sure we reach objective of smoothing the effect of spending cuts at start of Parliament

Comment

1) Tories should have declared it during election - in fact it should be legal requirement for all parties to ONLY change taxes (other material things) that they have declared in their manifesto
            2) Tories should have said at least something along those lines - increased taxes are for the duration of Parliament to make sure we reach objective of smoothing the effect of spending cuts at start of Parliament
            someone is coming along to fix the wobbly wheel

don't blame him, blame the gobsh1te who busted the wagon. blame the pfi mong-piece-in-general
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Well given Gideon's background in marketing tax avoidance schemes in cheesy TV ads, I'd imagine he has significantly more affinity with glossy "I'll make you rich!" brochures than detailed economic plans.

Comment

Labour would not have done it because they would fear it would deter investors and others if the party isn't "pro-business". Cons don't give a fook because they are assumed to be pro-business party.

Labour would have put back 50% tax and used more funny money from BoE - they would be under a LOT less pressure to increase tax revenues because they did not set high target of cutting deficit in the first place. So yes, for majority of people on this board they would have been better than the current lot. Crazy though if you ask me going back to April, but that's how it is. Tory Scum are indeed scum.
                Unbelievable, I always wondered who the idiots were who voted Labour, now I know! You are very deluded.
                "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Crackdown on personal service companies could raise £400m in tax

Companies like Astra Zenica paid ZERO corporation tax last year, despite a turnover of billions.

The solution is make sure big business pays its fair share.

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 17 November 2015, 23:24.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    Companies like Astra Zenica paid ZERO corporation tax last year, despite a turnover of billions.

The solution is make sure big business pays its fair share.
                    no one is arguing with you that is part of the solution

but while we struggle to implement the hard parts, lets crack on with the not so hard parts
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                      Don't blame me. I voted UKIP.
                      I voted Lib Dem, In all fairness its a 2 horse race here and the other horse was Labour...

Comment

Working...
                      X