• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New UK passport design

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    I wouldn't be in a rush. He's conveniently omitted the fact that that particular image represents "Festival Culture" based around the Edinburgh Festival and the rest of the pages have the following subject matter. The overall theme is "Creative United Kingdom".

John Harrison
    John Constable
    The Penny Black
    Steam Transportation
    Sir Giles Gilbert Scott The London Underground Elisabeth Scott
    Antony Gormley
    Anish Kapoor
    Shakespeare’s Globe
    Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace Brilliant Buildings

You can see them all here : New UK passport design

And get the official Passport Office info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...O_magazine.pdf

I'd put them in directly but there are 9 of them and finding versions that don't block direct linking is more hassle than I'm prepared to go to.

Ah, thank you. A bit of context is always good - hadn't twigged it was just one page. In that case, I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      In what way? The Americans don't pander to multi-cultural bollux and none of them get offended by their own flag or military. So if what Google shows me is their passport (patriotic bald eagle, flag and words from the constitution) what's wrong with it?

P.S. Well done to the OP for mis-representing the new British passport, by showing the page which has the Indian lady on it, not the other pages which are much less multi-cultural. Troll by name, troll by nature.

How is it misrepresenting the passport when he showed an image that is actually in the passport?

Comment

Not enough women in it allegedly
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
          How is it misrepresenting the passport when he showed an image that is actually in the passport?
          Because he deliberately posted the only image that contained anything "Foreign", and then linked it with a complaint about an apparent lack of Britishness i.e. no Morris dancers. Implying in the post that political correctness / Multiculturalism has forced out a "British" image in favour of an Asian one and that this was the only image used.

I suspect eh moonlights for the Daily Mail or possibly the Express.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I don't like the jigsaw puzzle pieces.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Not enough women in it allegedly
              Too right, it needs that great British tradition -- Page 3
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Isn't that image celebrating all the nations we've crushed in the past?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Isn't that image celebrating all the nations we've crushed in the past?
                  Why do you think it is in there? It was the "making" of this country, we no longer have anything else left to boast about....
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I don't spend enough time staring at my passport to give a tulip, as long as it gets me out of, and into, the country I'm happy.
                    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      I wouldn't be in a rush. He's conveniently omitted the fact that that particular image represents "Festival Culture" based around the Edinburgh Festival and the rest of the pages have the following subject matter. The overall theme is "Creative United Kingdom".

John Harrison
                      John Constable
                      The Penny Black
                      Steam Transportation
                      Sir Giles Gilbert Scott The London Underground Elisabeth Scott
                      Antony Gormley
                      Anish Kapoor
                      Shakespeare’s Globe
                      Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace Brilliant Buildings

You can see them all here : New UK passport design

And get the official Passport Office info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...O_magazine.pdf

I'd put them in directly but there are 9 of them and finding versions that don't block direct linking is more hassle than I'm prepared to go to.
                      Tosh - should be only Edinburgh Tattoo, Welsh Eisteddfod and Glastonbury represented, rest is just pandering to johnny bloody foreigner
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X