• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Philip Davies MP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behaving like a tosser to ignite outrage (and reform) is perhaps a valid political tactic.

Although I still think he is just a tosser.

Comment

Like I said, there's a bigger picture. Some people simply cannot get beyond their political persuasions. There are many parliamentarians that might be considered to have distasteful views on particular issues, but that doesn't mean they're ineffective at doing their primary job, which is to hold the executive to account. For example, looking across the benches, John Mann is an example of someone from the Labour awkward squad that is very effective in this role IMHO, while Dennis Skinner is an example of someone that is pretty ineffectual (amusing, yes, shouty, yes, but completely ineffectual). Parliament will always represent all manner of views, but there are relatively few that put their ideas and constituents ahead of climbing the greasy pole, and Philip Davies is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
        Behaving like a tosser to ignite outrage (and reform) is perhaps a valid political tactic.
        It's commonly referred as the Katie Hopkins tactic...

Comment

Another twat: Conservative Health Minister Alistair Burt Filibusters Off-Patent Drugs Bill, Huge Backlash Ensues (he also assisted his twat in arms Davies in his filibustering)
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

He's a dickhead through and through
            Totally agree. Regardless if he was left or right, right or wrong, allowing MPs to do this is not democracy.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Totally agree. Regardless if he was left or right, right or wrong, allowing MPs to do this is not democracy.
              It is democracy in action. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less democratic.

If the constituency party who selected the MP are happy with his performance then he will get reselected to fight the next general election. If the constituents are happy having a filibusting MP then they will vote for him.

The majority of Esther McVey's and Ed Balls constituents didn't like their actions in parliament so they are no longer MPs.....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It is democracy in action
                No it isn't. You may as well say letting MPs stand around in the doorways blocking others from entering the house is democracy. Democracy is a joke for many reasons, the failure of the commons make up to reflect actual votes, the party whips... (long list...) but at least allowing MPs to actually vote on issues goes a bit of a way towards it. This despicable twat need shooting.

PS I mean shooting in hypothetical fashion with a non-functional water pistol obviously, just in case MI5 are monitoring this forum.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

He's at it again, this time preventing schools giving first aid training to kids (a bill supported by the Red Cross):

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6742251.html

Comment

Working...
                  X