• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's on your wrist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluespider
    replied
    Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    He didn't have a problem at all until recently. It's been stopping in the night.
    He thinks it's because it needs a service. I think it's because he's now 72 and he doesn't move anywhere near as much as he used to so he's not winding it.
    It's going to be serviced anyway now as he scratched the glass messing with his beehive - I guess we'll see.

As for keeping better time; I'll specifically ask him but I doubt it's an issue or he'd have enjoyed a good moan/chinwag about it.
    Last service i got for the Rolex was 470 quid and it took 12 weeks because Rolex had such a backlog.
    I didn't have the Breitling at the time so I got this to see me through the bare wrist months:

its my manual work watch now, until i get either a submariner proper or a daytona

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluespider View Post
    Like I say left in my care until my son is of age... that's why i got MY Breitling
    He will surely take it, throw you in a care home, sell it and head to Jamaica

Leave a comment:

• Bluespider
    replied
    My Dad lusted after his rolex all his life, after reading about Rolex giving a load to WWII pilots. They didnt have to pay upfront for them just use them and then pay on their return.

Out of all the ones issued I think only 1 wasn't paid for.

I ogled this on my dads wrist for as long as i can remember, he replaced it with an explorer II because the contrast on the face was better but this one was always his watch.

Like I say left in my care until my son is of age... that's why i got MY Breitling

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Sounds a bit bulky.

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Cool. My old man said you should never clean them BTW and he knows quite a few people that trade in watches.
    In fact he was offered one that was built by the guy that also built, the workings of, Big Ben, unfortunately the guy wanted too many £££ for it.

Sounds a bit bulky.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    He didn't have a problem at all until recently. It's been stopping in the night.
    He thinks it's because it needs a service. I think it's because he's now 72 and he doesn't move anywhere near as much as he used to so he's not winding it.
    It's going to be serviced anyway now as he scratched the glass messing with his beehive - I guess we'll see.

As for keeping better time; I'll specifically ask him but I doubt it's an issue or he'd have enjoyed a good moan/chinwag about it.
    Cool. My old man said you should never clean them BTW and he knows quite a few people that trade in watches.
    In fact he was offered one that was built by the guy that also built, the workings of, Big Ben, unfortunately the guy wanted too many £££ for it.

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    That was the other one I have been considering. You only have to buy one and it should last for life.
    People have told me the Oysters keep better time, what's your dads take on that?

I lust after that now instead.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I've got a nice chunky Accurist at the moment. With significantly more funds, I'd go for the Omega Seamaster or Breitling Superocean; never really been a Rolex fan.

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluespider View Post
    This one today, was the old mans... Ironically I'm only looking after it for my son... only lusted after it for like 30 years

Lovely. My dad also wore the same for many years. He sold it in 90-something and went for one of these:

I lust after that now instead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X