• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO shaunbhoy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    he is a complete social misfit
    I am definitely an anti-social type...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      You strike me as a type who'd charge rent money from your own children...

Depends on the child.

Some adult children do everything for themselves and aren't freeloaders when they are forced to live at home due to employment circumstances.

However in this case both are and forcing them to pay "rent" would help encourage them to get and keep a job. While it's fine to keep the car legal until they can pay for it he needs to stop giving them pocket money.

Anyway useless degrees don't stop you working as a barber, shop assistant, behind a bar, in local government, in the civil service fast stream, as an accountant, a recruitment consultant, estate agent, in marketing etc but having a parent who gives you a very easy life so you don't have to push yourself to pay your way does.
      Last edited by SueEllen; 17 October 2015, 02:36.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Erm... Well... Just out of interest you understand but.. What's wrong with that?
        Do you pay tax on that rent?

But yes, I agree. Everyone should make their kids sweep the chimneys on a daily basis or the little feckers will get ideas. ...

Comment

Hmm yes at 24 and 27 they should be working if not already climbing the greasy career pole.

Fact is they do not need to because they get everything without lifting a finger.

Fookin wasters

Comment

50% of their net income. This encourages them to leave home as their earnings increase. But... the money goes into an account, from which their taxes are paid (no PAYE here), and when they move out, they get access to it.

That's the theory. But in practice they earn so little at the moment, it's not worth doing.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              But in practice they earn so little at the moment, it's not worth doing.
              They could try to get a loan and live in credit?

Comment

I paid rent to my parents from my first pay packet until I moved out.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Far from rare, I'd be surprised if less than 50% of the CUK posters did the same. My youngest pays rent to his mother.

Comment

Yep, first pay packet of 23.50 a week of which 5 was rent, another 5 was towards food plus i had to do laundry and cook and other such stuff. Kids today have it easy as a pig tulipting through a sieve after a bucket of curry house sloppings
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I didn't have to as I didn't move back in with them when I left uni as I couldn't.

However my older siblings were charged rent and when that didn't work for one of my brothers' he was asked politely by various relations to move out. Then when that hadn't sunk in after 6 months my mum checked he could afford to move out, had someone he could lodge with and basically kicked him out.

The guy he lodged with only got rid of him over 10 years later when he got married. My sister-in-law refused to live or stay with him when he was lodging.

The sad thing for that brother is if he couldn't have afforded to buy after staying 6-12 months then moving out, my parents would have given more than his rent money back as his house deposit.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X