• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

As predicted, we will vote again until they get the right answer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is the political equivalent of waiting until a girl is drunk before making a move.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      It is the political equivalent of waiting until a girl is drunk before making a move.
      No, this is Scotland, no waiting involved.
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
        No, this is Scotland, they are never sober.
        FTFY
        If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. - Red Adair

Comment

No, this is Scotland, they are never sober.
          Guess they would be independant now, if they all were .
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluespider View Post
            FTFY

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              What doesn't she get, they didn't want it, so the vote for independance was lost.
              If she really respected the ballot result, she would not be suggesting another one.

Agreed, they would become a basket case of Europe, those are the realities if they were to gain independance.
              Unfortunate, but thats how it is.
              or maybe, those that voted no who were swung by the 'vow' promised by Cameron et al and then saw the back tracking within an hour, are now thinking that had they known that would happen would have voted yes?? and that's what Sturgeon is hearing\listening to??

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Guess they would be independant now, if they all were .

Or even independent?
                I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                  or maybe, those that voted no who were swung by the 'vow' promised by Cameron et al and then saw the back tracking within an hour, are now thinking that had they known that would happen would have voted yes?? and that's what Sturgeon is hearing\listening to??
                  If they were too stupid to realise most politicians will sell their own mothers to get the result they want then I don't have too much sympathy.

They are like Agents but with even fewer morals.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluespider View Post
                    I would think it would be more un-democratic to ignore opinion polls? no?

Surely a democratic government should be reacting to its voting population? Just because an issue is debated and answered a certain way doesn't preclude it from being debated again.
                    Because it has nothing to do with listening to the will of the people as to whether the people of Scotland want another referendum or not. It's about being selective as to whether to give people the choice - specifically only as long as they are going to make the "right" choice.

If opinion polls pointed to the No voters wanting another vote now, to completely settle the debate once and for all, the SNP would ignore it, on the basis it was a "once-in-a-generation event" - democratic will of the people would count for sweet f.a.

All "democratic" parties (not just the SNP) are very selective and embrace the elements of democracy that suit them at the time when the chips appear to be falling their way.

Comment

Second vote should be only recognized on the basis that there will be future votes that can reverse the process...

Comment

Working...
                      X