• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3.5% tax - how do people think they get away with it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    If I read this correctly, I think you're calling PC a brainfart.
    Something along that line, I'm sure it could be re-worded to better fit the guy. I was tolerating his silly posting until the last few weeks, now it's just Suity-esque dribble.

As I've said on the various BN66 threads over the years, I strongly oppose the tax strategy they used, I don't support it in any way and I feel the scheme users were at best naive to expect to get away with it free and clear, that being said when HMG uses retrospection to close a loophole in a poorly worded bit of legislation then they've gone too far.

Natural justice would dictate that HMG's actions using retrospective actions were unreasonable, unfortunately the courts disagree. As Brillo said at the time that people were using the scheme there was a loophole that it exploited, just as tax loopholes have always been exploited and are still being exploited today.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      If I read this correctly, I think you're calling PC a brainfart.
      No. I'm saying PC posted a brainfart, so it was moved to general.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        No. I'm saying PC posted a brainfart, so it was moved to general.
        OK, if you say so.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
        X