• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh veteran , I can't mtfu as I am female, that would be odd! [emoji16]

Comment

Who is GittensGal? I don't come on here often so am very confused!!

Comment

I'd suggest that you get in touch with a user called AtW.

He is very knowledgeable on mortgages etc, though he couldn't get one for over 15 years. He is a warrior.

Comment

New mortgage

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          £1650 a week and you are worrying about a £1k mortgage? FFS MTFU.

If your prospective tenant is a little purple or exhibits simian tendencies then pick another. Those apes think the country owes em a house.
          Yawn

No, what I have repeatedly said is housing is WAY over priced, ZIRP QE and HTB has kept the bubble inflated, and selfish spoon fed lazy baby boomers have built a financial system of fake money and massive gearing, with loose regulation and immoral bankers, then they turned landlords, to really exploit their children.

Don't let me put you off Kitten1978, the mortgage sounds affordable.
          Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 10 October 2015, 07:52.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

wtfu?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Just ignore these buffoons, every newish poster that comes on here gets slagged off, the only winning move is to pretend you're a 20 year seasoned contractor and mention all the thousands of gigs you've done, recruiters you've beaten up and left in a ditch, etc.

I think the only person that can answer your finance question is yourself, by estimating how much of the year you will be working, and what your other outgoings are.

My base mortgage payments are about 750/month and I was comfortably paying them with money to spare on my permie salary, so I am sure a little more would be fine when you're earning 2-3 times as much, but as I say, you need to crunch the numbers.

You also need to consider how much rent you'll be getting from your other property as that should help, and also the term of the mortgage - those payments are quite large and you will be paying a lot of interest if it's a 25 year term. Perhaps a smaller mortgage/property with a smaller mortgage term (same payments) would be more cost effective?

Too many variables but food for thought
              Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                wtfu?
                I'd say we could use something tfu, but its possible that stfu would be misunderstood.
                That being said it could easily be appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  I'd say we could use something tfu, but its possible that stfu would be misunderstood.
                  That being said it could easily be appropriate.
                  HTFU is an approriate gender neutral version

Velominati › The Rules

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
                    Just ignore these buffoons, every newish poster that comes on here gets slagged off, the only winning move is to pretend you're a 20 year seasoned contractor and mention all the thousands of gigs you've done, recruiters you've beaten up and left in a ditch, etc.

I think the only person that can answer your finance question is yourself, by estimating how much of the year you will be working, and what your other outgoings are.

My base mortgage payments are about 750/month and I was comfortably paying them with money to spare on my permie salary, so I am sure a little more would be fine when you're earning 2-3 times as much, but as I say, you need to crunch the numbers.

You also need to consider how much rent you'll be getting from your other property as that should help, and also the term of the mortgage - those payments are quite large and you will be paying a lot of interest if it's a 25 year term. Perhaps a smaller mortgage/property with a smaller mortgage term (same payments) would be more cost effective?

Too many variables but food for thought
                    ^This

Comment

WTF?

This thread just seems to be sockies trying to troll each other. What has CUK become???
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X