• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I earn 20K A Month As IT Contractor?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jokes aside and not sure whether to take this guy seriously....

800/day is not easy to come by unless its a very niche area. I think being an IT contractor up until the end of this tax year means a cushy living taking home somewhere between 4k and 8k a month in the vast majority of cases. Next year the tories are going to F that all up though.

Plan B is becoming a must.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      Jokes aside and not sure whether to take this guy seriously....

800/day is not easy to come by unless its a very niche area. I think being an IT contractor up until the end of this tax year means a cushy living taking home somewhere between 4k and 8k a month in the vast majority of cases. Next year the tories are going to F that all up though.

Plan B is becoming a must.
      His permanent ban for being a sockie is your answer really.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Can I earn 20K A Month As IT Contractor?

We pay a cobol programmer £1200 a day every day, to basically mock the agile guys and pair programming

The bank got rid of him 18 months ago and replaced with Indians (3 week handover , he wrote the system and supported for 22 years) but no, 3 week handover was appropriate

All is well until system has issues and Indians feck up and cost millions

Old man fixes in 10 mins after he stops laughing on the phone

Bank now to scared to replace,he now comes into the office every day and reads his book

And yes he will be reading this thread and laughing tomorrow
        Last edited by tarbera; 4 October 2015, 21:54.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post

And all the contractors bowed before him chanting "we are not worthy".
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
            We pay a cobol programmer £1200 a day every day, to basically mock the agile guys and pair programming

The bank got rid of him 18 months ago and replaced with Indians (3 week handover , he wrote the system and supported for 22 years) but no, 3 week handover was appropriate

All is well until system has issues and Indians feck up and cost millions

Old man fixes in 10 mins after he stops laughing on the phone

Bank now to scared to replace,he now comes into the office every day and reads his book

thats actually great story to tell to negotiate better rate =) take me or it will cost you MILLIONSSSS

Comment

Fack me I should have learned COBOL
              Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
                and whats stopping you now ?

Comment

my memories of learning cobol were that you had to be really good at typing, and have good eyes for missing full stops on code printouts.

Too old for that now...

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
                    I think the trick is to build something that is both mission critical and un-maintainable

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      I think the trick is to build something that is both mission critical and un-maintainable
                      pay me maintenance fee of 1200 daily or your business is focked ;D i love the spirit.
                      Or simply give compiled dlls without a source. Serves the same purpose

Comment

Working...
                      X