• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Champion of small businesses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Is this you?

Yes that's me, the rest are busy with processing and paying my invoices

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Yeah, and all those tech startups are such a boon to the economy, spending other people's money and 9 times out of ten going bust.

If you want to talk about startups and entrepreneurs then maybe a thread about self-employment isn't the best place. Because that's what I was talking about.
      The thread was talking about self employment AND running a business. There is a huge difference between the two. One is vital to the well being of the economy the other is a means of employment for people who work on their own.

If nine out of ten businesses fail then so what? Do we just stop investing in business? It does not seem to occur to you just how hard it is to set up and run a successful business. Nor does it occur to you that the entire economy depends on these few and far between successes to employ people and keep your leftie friends with their entitlements.

Do you really think that of the very few that actually make it that they are going to be happy giving away over 60% (closer to 70% if you include NI) to other people to p*ss up the wall?

It seems Corbyn does not know the difference between being self employed and running a business. What chance does the economy have of doing well when people like you and Corbyn do your utmost to prevent people from becoming rich.

Envy is the most destructive of all the seven sins
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        Yes that's me, the rest are busy with processing and paying my invoices

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          doogh, you're a complete idiot. Every thriving company was a startup once.
          You're a complete idiot if that's what you took from what I wrote. There are startups based on sound business ideas and a great product. And there are startups who only exist due to attracting seed funding, run at a loss for years while hiring hipsters in some silly swanky office, and then collapse leaving nothing behind.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            What chance does the economy have of doing well when people like you and Corbyn do your utmost to prevent people from becoming rich.
            When every argument you make ends up with you telling me what it is I think, and getting it wrong, what does that say about how seriously your ideas can be taken?

Nowhere have I said we should stop people getting rich, or that being rich is bad, or that taxes should be much higher.

Comment

When every argument you make ends up with you telling me what it is I think, and getting it wrong, what does that say about how seriously your ideas can be taken?

Nowhere have I said we should stop people getting rich, or that being rich is bad, or that taxes should be much higher.
              When everyone gets the same, everyone gets nothing.
              People are not equal and will never be. There are drunks, junkies etc, and we are subsidising them . Now when idiots like Corbyn starts to rule that junkies get more. And decent people less.

Comment

Ah yes. The "everyone on benefits is a sky-watching junkie slob" argument. Similar techniques are used in wars and purges to dehumanise the enemy. Jews would be familiar with it, for example.

Of course "decent people" would by the slightest of coincidences just happen to be people like you?

Comment

Ah yes. The "everyone on benefits is a sky-watching junkie slob" argument. Similar techniques are used in wars and purges to dehumanise the enemy. Jews would be familiar with it, for example.
                  benefits discourage work . Face it. My friend is on JSA - he says he wont start working untill it ends... Its pennies, i know , but still

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                    benefits discourage work . Face it. My friend is on JSA - he says he wont start working untill it ends... Its pennies, i know , but still
                    Well that one friend is clearly descriptive of tens of millions of people. I bet he votes Labour - but wait we don't have a Labour government. How confusing.

Comment

So is this the step before making all self employed/contractors/freelancers etc into PAYE permies? Miliband had the same harebrained ideas.

Doesn't matter though, doubt Labour will return to power for decades to come, and emigration is also always an option. The greater risk is Osborne co-opting bad ideas.
                      Last edited by Zero Liability; 29 September 2015, 11:16.

Comment

Working...
                      X