• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Idiots on the Net

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Fred
    Does this mean you don't have a degree Mordac? Well done though for going to night college to get some qualifications. Are Microsoft qualifications better than a degree? I have not been aware of many job adverts asking for 'must have Microsoft Certificate'?

Serious question.
    No I don't have a degree, I spent my time getting useful real-world experience (initially in telecoms then primitive PC networks - this was the 1980s) while some of my friends went off to university and spent 3 years taking drugs, shagging (mostly ugly girls), getting ratarsed on cheap beer and eating kebabs. I might have gone to university, however I spent my A level years doing the very same thing, and have the A level results to prove it. I didn't go and I don't regret it, since most (if not all) of the grads I have worked with have trouble wiping their own arses, have no social skills (being able to skin-up doesn't count) and would be able to list neither humility or modesty among their attributes. I've never even been asked if I have a degree, and I can't imagine any situation where it might be relevant.
    It'll be a long time before you find yourself at the level where technical certs might be helpful, but when that time comes, make sure you have some. Having a degree just might not be enough.
    And for your future reference, I didn't go to f**kng night school, I paid out tuliploads of money to a professional training company you irritant little arsewipe. When you have some experience of something useful, by all means come back and discuss it, but until then I suggest you shove your opinions where only your boyfriend can find them.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

ROFL.

I read this as

blah blah blah, something about his boyfriend.

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
      X