• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Idiots on the Net

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Idiots on the Net"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    ROFL.

I read this as

blah blah blah, something about his boyfriend.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Judge Fred
    Does this mean you don't have a degree Mordac? Well done though for going to night college to get some qualifications. Are Microsoft qualifications better than a degree? I have not been aware of many job adverts asking for 'must have Microsoft Certificate'?

Serious question.
    No I don't have a degree, I spent my time getting useful real-world experience (initially in telecoms then primitive PC networks - this was the 1980s) while some of my friends went off to university and spent 3 years taking drugs, shagging (mostly ugly girls), getting ratarsed on cheap beer and eating kebabs. I might have gone to university, however I spent my A level years doing the very same thing, and have the A level results to prove it. I didn't go and I don't regret it, since most (if not all) of the grads I have worked with have trouble wiping their own arses, have no social skills (being able to skin-up doesn't count) and would be able to list neither humility or modesty among their attributes. I've never even been asked if I have a degree, and I can't imagine any situation where it might be relevant.
    It'll be a long time before you find yourself at the level where technical certs might be helpful, but when that time comes, make sure you have some. Having a degree just might not be enough.
    And for your future reference, I didn't go to f**kng night school, I paid out tuliploads of money to a professional training company you irritant little arsewipe. When you have some experience of something useful, by all means come back and discuss it, but until then I suggest you shove your opinions where only your boyfriend can find them.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by TinTin
    You mean like the ones that come running here crying about ID theft ? Sorry MF, I forgot you had a bit of a problem recently with some money that went astray ! It was you, wasn't it ?
    Nope that was probably me. But I don''t think I was "crying about ID theft".

Leave a comment:

• Judge Fred
    replied
    Does this mean you don't have a degree Mordac? Well done though for going to night college to get some qualifications. Are Microsoft qualifications better than a degree? I have not been aware of many job adverts asking for 'must have Microsoft Certificate'?

Serious question.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Almost as insufferable as that paper MCSE!!!
    You called Dear?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Try doing a google for file type extensions. Want to get hold of some ppor suckers bank details, just google for MS Money, Quicken or other accounting software save file extensions. Amazing what people put on shared folders and other daft places.

Leave a comment:

• unixmerc
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Why do people type their full email address on bulletin boards and then put either their mothers maiden name or DOB. Why?

Do a search on Google for '@hotmail.com' and DOB and be amazed at the idiots who appear!!!
    I totally agree. It is almost as bad as people posing in diapers and then pretrending to be innocent when police find something nasty on their HD. How noobish.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Nothing wrong with Prog rock mate, Genesis, Floyd et al were the only decent thing to come out of the 70s (apart from Godfather movies, Scorsese, Arse winning the double at WHL , Thatcher - OK there were some other good things from the 70s.)

Mordy in "What did the 70s ever do for us" Mode

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Judge you knobhead. Almost as insufferable as that paper MCSE!!!

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Oh allah, it was that lot that released 'Kayleigh' (sp)?

'progressive rock'. Nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• Judge Fred
    replied
    Marillion

Don't worry, I looked them up and they were a crappy band from the 80s. Really, really mind-numbingly crappy. Thought I'd share that with anyone else who was wondering. What sort of pretencious arsshole thought it was a good idea to call himself Fish? He should have kept the name Dick, I might have listened to them.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    What on earth are you two twittering on about?

Leave a comment:

• TinTin
    replied
    Thanks for that

New MF ? what like New Labour ? In that case my memory is better than his.Or maybe he doesn't want to talk about it anynore.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by TinTin
    I've got it wrong (again) then. Must be getting old, my memory is failing me ...
    No you are quite right. The person on here is the new MF.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo
    Remember that 50% of the population of this country have below average intelligence!
    No it's less. It takes five clever people to counter-balance Prescott.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X