• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poor restaurant service story

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I went to a new restaurant in Cardiff once. Mrs had steak well done. Had to sent it back three times because it had blood pouring out of it.

Then the manager came over and said there was no way to cook steak without blood in it. WTF. He said they had michelin starred chefs and they knew how to cook steak and I obviously didn't. Nearly exploded.

I remember putting a review on tripadvisor about that one. And the £10 voucher they offered me.

It was funny as well. There were 3 or 4 glowing reviews on tripadvisor for this restaurant but the people had used real games. A quick google/check on linked in - one was the restaurant manager, one a chef, one the marketing manager for the owner of the restaurant. All glowing reviews making out they were members of the public.

Had some fun with that one. In the end they blocked me on twitter and facebook.
    Eating Steak on JSA, IDS benefit reforms can't come soon enough , get back to the Spam Aisle!

Comment

I went to a new restaurant in Cardiff once. Mrs had steak well done. Had to sent it back three times because it had blood pouring out of it.

Then the manager came over and said there was no way to cook steak without blood in it. WTF. He said they had michelin starred chefs and they knew how to cook steak and I obviously didn't. Nearly exploded.

I remember putting a review on tripadvisor about that one. And the £10 voucher they offered me.

It was funny as well. There were 3 or 4 glowing reviews on tripadvisor for this restaurant but the people had used real games. A quick google/check on linked in - one was the restaurant manager, one a chef, one the marketing manager for the owner of the restaurant. All glowing reviews making out they were members of the public.

Had some fun with that one. In the end they blocked me on twitter and facebook.
      To be fair, the chefs are right.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I went to a new restaurant in Cardiff once. Mrs had steak well done. Had to sent it back three times because it had blood pouring out of it. ..
        Steak doesn't contain blood. It contains myoglobin which is a red pigment of red meat, it is not blood. When you ruin a steak by over-cooking (aka "well done"), the myoglobin turns brown as the iron in it oxidises from Fe2+ to Fe3+. It doesn't disappear by evaporation or some other mechanism.

You are ignorant. The chef was correct.

Next you'll be sending gazpacho soup back because it's cold.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Listen here you slack jawed, undependable, sickly, underemployed, grizzling wastrel.

I was up at 6.30am this morning. :
          6.30 am in the morning? Right.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            6.30 am in the morning? Right.
            No at 6:30 am in the fuc.... oh I see what you did there

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Indeed. He's lucky he wasn't immediately asked to leave.

Comment

Always gone for rare or medium rare, waste of a steak otherwise as you surmise.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Steak doesn't contain blood. It contains myoglobin which is a red pigment of red meat, it is not blood. When you ruin a steak by over-cooking (aka "well done"), the myoglobin turns brown as the iron in it oxidises from Fe2+ to Fe3+. It doesn't disappear by evaporation or some other mechanism.

You are ignorant. The chef was correct.

Next you'll be sending gazpacho soup back because it's cold.
                  And that is how to serve some their ass on a plate!!
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No kidding.

Originally posted by fool View Post
                    Indeed. He's lucky he wasn't immediately asked to leave.
                    No kidding again, actually seen a stroppy dining couple told to leave once, it was comedic.

Wrecking a good or even an indifferent steak isn't on and asking a professional cook to do it is heretical.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                      Wrecking a good or even an indifferent steak isn't on and asking a professional cook to do it is heretical.

Comment

Working...
                      X