• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear (tm): Osborne's deficit plans suffer setback as UK borrowing rises

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and if HPI was included, the overall level of UK inflation would trigger the need for interest rate rises. And what would that do to the housing market and wider economy?
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Newcastle?
      Can't promise any sunshine.

Comment

Only proof that the telegraph is like the daily fail.

Its numbers for one month.

Those that believe this story will also say that if a woman is expecting no babies on day 0, and 1 the next day, then 9 months later she will be expecting 270 babies.

The UK economy may be stuffed. But there are still plenty of levers to convince the plebs that all is well.

Keep stocking up on BTL.....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Can't promise any sunshine.

Aren't they cold?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Newcastle?
            New South Wales?
            Can't be on Tyne cos it's cold there and the females are ... (cojak sensitive omission)
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              Oh and if HPI was included, the overall level of UK inflation would trigger the need for interest rate rises. And what would that do to the housing market and wider economy?
              Not sure what statistical contortions and concoctions the UK uses, but this piece rips apart the US' CPI inputs for "house price inflation", which would have one believe it is subdued. I suspect the measures used here will be similar. More here.

You may as well throw darts at a board for all the use that the CPI/PCE and "unemployment" statistics are. You'd probably get more sensible policy than what is coming out of the central banks now.
              Last edited by Zero Liability; 22 September 2015, 16:53.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                What flat do you live in? Do you have an indoor swimming pool? Is this Birmingham?
                Obviously a leaky roof in the attic he lives in
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  Cornwall?
                  The weather's pretty lousy in general. Of course when the weather IS good it makes up it.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X