• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another victim of the family courts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    When it's a gay couple or the women mental.
    Now there is a point for debate!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Now there is a point for debate!
      I can't be bothered to Google but there was that news story a few months ago where the mother did everything to keep the son from his father including making up stories with no proof and running away with him. Her stupid family even went to prison for her as they helped her on the run.

The judge awarded the father custody of the little boy.

In real life I knew some people now adults whose fathers had custody of them. Not sure what happened but I'm sure extended family pressure was also put on their mothers.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Don't be stupid. When would a man ever get custody?
        Well in the case when the legal mother is more than content for the dad to have sole custody - and has happily signed all her rights away - he's the biological father.

Plus it's clear he's a loving father providing for his child - and no-one has the slightest concern to the contrary.

In that case, the man would get custody, right ?

Err, no...

Surrogate mother named child's ONLY legal guardian over single father | Daily Mail Online

Okay, it's a bit more complicated (surrogacy) - and the judge did rule according to the letter of the law. I suspect this judgement was expected/made to allow the law itself to be challenged and let common sense be allowed where appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I can't be bothered to Google but there was that news story a few months ago where the mother did everything to keep the son from his father including making up stories with no proof and running away with him. Her stupid family even went to prison for her as they helped her on the run.

The judge awarded the father custody of the little boy.

In real life I knew some people now adults whose fathers had custody of them. Not sure what happened but I'm sure extended family pressure was also put on their mothers.
          In the "good old days" you could just send the boys round to sort her out.

These days the police and courts take a dim view of that...

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
            Well in the case when the legal mother is more than content for the dad to have sole custody - and has happily signed all her rights away - he's the biological father.

Plus it's clear he's a loving father providing for his child - and no-one has the slightest concern to the contrary.

In that case, the man would get custody, right ?
            Happened to me 45 years ago. And no visitation rights either. Long story.

Probably even rarer then than it is now I would imagine....
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X