• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't expect a pay rise, my pension needs it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Boomer generation got free university education,......WELL ABOUT THE TOP 5-10% OF STUDENTS GOT FREE UNIVERSITY EDUCATION, AND THE LION'S SHARE OF THEM WENT ON TO GET WORTHWHILE DEGREES THAT LED THEM INTO EMPLOYMENT

final salary pensions,..........WHICH THEY CONTRIBUTED TOWARDS ALONG WITH THE COMPANIES THEY WORKED FOR WHO DIVERTED PROFITS INTO THOSE PENSION FUNDS INSTEAD OF DISHING IT OUT IN LARGE PAYRISES

rapidly rising house prices.................AND VERY HIGH INTEREST RATES ON THE MORTGAGES THAT BOUGHT THOSE HOUSES WHICH MEANT VERY HIGH MORTGAGE PAYMENTS EACH MONTH.

Life expectancy increasing.........BECAUSE UNLIKE MOST OF TODAY'S YOUNGSTERS, THE BOOMER GENERATION DID NOT SPEND ALL DAY SITTING ON FACEBOOK OR PLAYSTATIONS BUT INSTEAD KEPT THEMSELVES ACTIVE AND ARE REAPING THE LONG TERM HEALTH BENEFITS AS A RESULT
    ftfy
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      ftfy
      You sold oil our oil and gold, and state assets, and still you have a pension black hole and the UK has a massive debt timebomb.

But the best bit, is boomers have zero empathy for anyone else but themselves. They are hugely selfish and entitled. Expecting everyone else to pick up their tab.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        'Tis a pity the ignore function doesn't when you're not logged in.
        Stay out of this thread then!
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          You sold oil our oil and gold, and state assets,....ER NO I DIDN'T

and still you have a pension black hole.........WHICH IN TIME-HONOURED FASHION SHOULD BE FILLED BY THE CURRENT GENERATION AS HAS ALWAYS HAPPENED SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE OLD AGE PENSION SCHEME

and the UK has a massive debt timebomb..........FUELLED BY NEW LABOUR BUILDING SCHOOLS AND HOSPITALS TO BENEFIT YOUR GENERATION AND ALSO CONSISTING OF BILLIONS SQUANDERED SENDING TOO MANY OF YOU FECKLESS MUTTONHEADS OFF TO PLASTIC UNIS TO TRY AND GET POINTLESS DEGREES

But the best bit, is boomers have zero empathy for anyone else but themselves.......NOT TRUE, I AM FILLING UP WONDERING HOW YOU WILL MANAGE TO FUND MY WELL-EARNED RETIREMENT AND WHETHER OR NOT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP ME IN THE DEGREE OF COMFORT I EXPECT

They are hugely selfish and entitled.........NO, WE JUST WANT BACK OUT OF THE SYSTEM THAT WHICH WE HAVE PAID IN FOR THE LAST HALF CENTURY

Expecting everyone else to pick up their tab......NOT EVERYONE, JUST THE LIKES OF YOU. NOW STOP WASTING YOUR TIME POSTING IN HERE AND KNUCKLE DOWN TO SOME SERIOUS WORK, MY MOBILITY SCOOTER WON'T PAY FOR ITSELF YOU KNOW!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            'Tis a pity the ignore function doesn't when you're not logged in.
            Who said that?

The baby boomer ignore function is working well...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              The baby boomers borrowed from the future. And now the future wants it back.

HTH BISDI.

Comment

Working...
              X