• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Don't expect a pay rise, my pension needs it"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    The baby boomers borrowed from the future. And now the future wants it back.

HTH BISDI.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    'Tis a pity the ignore function doesn't when you're not logged in.
    Who said that?

The baby boomer ignore function is working well...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    You sold oil our oil and gold, and state assets,....ER NO I DIDN'T

and still you have a pension black hole.........WHICH IN TIME-HONOURED FASHION SHOULD BE FILLED BY THE CURRENT GENERATION AS HAS ALWAYS HAPPENED SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE OLD AGE PENSION SCHEME

and the UK has a massive debt timebomb..........FUELLED BY NEW LABOUR BUILDING SCHOOLS AND HOSPITALS TO BENEFIT YOUR GENERATION AND ALSO CONSISTING OF BILLIONS SQUANDERED SENDING TOO MANY OF YOU FECKLESS MUTTONHEADS OFF TO PLASTIC UNIS TO TRY AND GET POINTLESS DEGREES

But the best bit, is boomers have zero empathy for anyone else but themselves.......NOT TRUE, I AM FILLING UP WONDERING HOW YOU WILL MANAGE TO FUND MY WELL-EARNED RETIREMENT AND WHETHER OR NOT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP ME IN THE DEGREE OF COMFORT I EXPECT

They are hugely selfish and entitled.........NO, WE JUST WANT BACK OUT OF THE SYSTEM THAT WHICH WE HAVE PAID IN FOR THE LAST HALF CENTURY

Expecting everyone else to pick up their tab......NOT EVERYONE, JUST THE LIKES OF YOU. NOW STOP WASTING YOUR TIME POSTING IN HERE AND KNUCKLE DOWN TO SOME SERIOUS WORK, MY MOBILITY SCOOTER WON'T PAY FOR ITSELF YOU KNOW!

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    'Tis a pity the ignore function doesn't when you're not logged in.
    Stay out of this thread then!

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    ftfy
    You sold oil our oil and gold, and state assets, and still you have a pension black hole and the UK has a massive debt timebomb.

But the best bit, is boomers have zero empathy for anyone else but themselves. They are hugely selfish and entitled. Expecting everyone else to pick up their tab.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Boomer generation got free university education,......WELL ABOUT THE TOP 5-10% OF STUDENTS GOT FREE UNIVERSITY EDUCATION, AND THE LION'S SHARE OF THEM WENT ON TO GET WORTHWHILE DEGREES THAT LED THEM INTO EMPLOYMENT

final salary pensions,..........WHICH THEY CONTRIBUTED TOWARDS ALONG WITH THE COMPANIES THEY WORKED FOR WHO DIVERTED PROFITS INTO THOSE PENSION FUNDS INSTEAD OF DISHING IT OUT IN LARGE PAYRISES

rapidly rising house prices.................AND VERY HIGH INTEREST RATES ON THE MORTGAGES THAT BOUGHT THOSE HOUSES WHICH MEANT VERY HIGH MORTGAGE PAYMENTS EACH MONTH.

Life expectancy increasing.........BECAUSE UNLIKE MOST OF TODAY'S YOUNGSTERS, THE BOOMER GENERATION DID NOT SPEND ALL DAY SITTING ON FACEBOOK OR PLAYSTATIONS BUT INSTEAD KEPT THEMSELVES ACTIVE AND ARE REAPING THE LONG TERM HEALTH BENEFITS AS A RESULT
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Jeremey Corbyn will fix this when he comes to power in a couple of years. Essentially the rich pensioners need to be stripped off their wealth and re distributed.
    WHS

Jeremy will send those rich people to Labour Camps for re-edukation re-edukation re-edukation, they had it way too easy in Eton!

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Boomer generation got free university education, final salary pensions, rapidly rising house prices. Life expectancy increasing.

For a long while each generation has been better off than the next. Until the baby boomer children.

University is expensive. House ownership an impossible dream without rich parents. Social mobility impossible without rich parents.

If I were young I would go on the dole and sponge. What is the point of working?
    Don't forget both parents now have to work to afford the mortgage.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Boomer generation - nothing was expected you had to earn it

Your generation - everything is expected and someone else should pay for it
    Boomer generation got free university education, final salary pensions, rapidly rising house prices. Life expectancy increasing.

For a long while each generation has been better off than the next. Until the baby boomer children.

University is expensive. House ownership an impossible dream without rich parents. Social mobility impossible without rich parents.

If I were young I would go on the dole and sponge. What is the point of working?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Yeah Boomers - first generation to actually have any control over pensions etc

Shock horror they are not giving away their pensions to the kids so they have loads of money to buy stuff they do not need.

Sorry dude but you are like the spoiled kid who expects mummy and daddy to pay for everything while you spend all day playing on your xbox and not working for a living.

Yeah thanks boomers for all your hard work, go enjoy that early retirement, you deserve it.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Surely you have enough for a BTL deposit, that's doubly generous to younger workers (no pay rise no affordable housing, and sky high rents)

Yeah boomers, most selfish generation ever.
    Yeah Boomers - first generation to actually have any control over pensions etc

Shock horror they are not giving away their pensions to the kids so they have loads of money to buy stuff they do not need.

Sorry dude but you are like the spoiled kid who expects mummy and daddy to pay for everything while you spend all day playing on your xbox and not working for a living.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Jeremey Corbyn will fix this when he comes to power in a couple of years. Essentially the rich pensioners need to be stripped off their wealth and re distributed. The Tories wont do that, all pensioners vote for them. The New Liebour wont do either, they are too scared to do anything revolutionary. Corbyn will come in and sort this out.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Yes, thanks by the way. That'll probably mean an extra city break weekend each quarter too for wifie and me. Better get that Bucket List of mine upgraded.

Surely you have enough for a BTL deposit, that's doubly generous to younger workers (no pay rise no affordable housing, and sky high rents)

Yeah boomers, most selfish generation ever.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    And the only way to correct this issue is a large dose of inflation. Which is best achieved by QE. Without it going into tax havens. So a QE for the people.

But no-one would ever dare propose that...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Yes, thanks by the way. That'll probably mean an extra city break weekend each quarter too for wifie and me. Better get that Bucket List of mine upgraded.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X