• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gaydar test

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think I have a clue. Two most effeminate blokes I can remember, and one was drag artist, weren't gay at all. Did well with women.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Yeah, I think it's tricky to discern. I remember reading that some homosexuals have brain chemistry closer to that of the opposite gender, but then you still get many who are either "normal" for their gender, or go to the opposite extreme, e.g. if male being hyper-masculine. Throw in the fact that you get many "camp" straight guys or butch straight women, and it's more guesswork than anything else. Obviously you'll probably get a higher prevalence of camp/effeminate men amongst gays but doubt it's high enough to help making any guesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
        Yeah, I think it's tricky to discern. I remember reading that some homosexuals have brain chemistry closer to that of the opposite gender, but then you still get many who are either "normal" for their gender, or go to the opposite extreme, e.g. if male being hyper-masculine. Throw in the fact that you get many "camp" straight guys or butch straight women, and it's more guesswork than anything else. Obviously you'll probably get a higher prevalence of camp/effeminate men amongst gays but doubt it's high enough to help making any guesses.
        Agree - the "quiz" was slightly easier in that you knew one was gay and one not. Identifying any of them as individuals as straight or gay would be nigh on impossible.

Comment

Think this either gay or straight is a bit of a nonsense anyway. The level of gay sex in prisons suggests many will consider the #2 option if they can't get the #1. I call it the Mobile syndrome, after the rugby song.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

73.3%.

Just got lucky I guess... i was starting to get bored towards the end and was randomly clicking
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Agree - the "quiz" was slightly easier in that you knew one was gay and one not. Identifying any of them as individuals as straight or gay would be nigh on impossible.
              There were some were you'd probably have good reason to guess that way, but I bet they threw in a few confounders as well.

Comment

52%. I think breaking down results by gender would've been useful.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  52%. I think breaking down results by gender would've been useful.
                  IIRC the summary at the end said that gender and age made no statistical difference.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    IIRC the summary at the end said that gender and age made no statistical difference.
                    I meant how good my gaydar was based on subjects' gender.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      I meant how good my gaydar was based on subjects' gender.
                      Ah, gotcha.

Comment

Working...
                      X