• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ma'am you are an inspiration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Isn't there probably some law about capturing HRH's image without her permission, that means he could be hung?
    It's also good manners not to blatantly turn one's back on her, as that twat seemed to be doing.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Prince Charles congratulates Queen on long reign by giving her skydiving voucher

Comment

Oliver Cromwell didn't execute enough of the sponging bastids.
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
          Oliver Cromwell didn't execute enough of the sponging bastids.
          They bring in lots of tourist money.

However I would like to see their official residence moved to Windsor and buck pal turned into flats for those with UK passports who will live in there.

Comment

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
            FTFY
            Like you've never had a German in you.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

However I would like to see their official residence moved to Windsor and buck pal turned into flats for those with Russian and Chinese passports who will live in there.
              FTFY

Comment

Really? Like in France, where they get more tourist money than the UK, but got rid of their chinless wonders years ago?
                I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Not sure I believe that old line personally. People would still visit Royal castles and Palaces, even if we didn't have a current Monarchy. Time to let the current reign end and then abolish the monarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                    Really? Like in France, where they get more tourist money than the UK, but got rid of their chinless wonders years ago?
                    Indeed. And we're not fully exploiting the tourist attractions as is. If we moved The Queen and Phillip into a council house in Swindon then all of Buckingham Palace, Windsor, Balmoral etc. can be open to the public.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Not sure I believe that old line personally. People would still visit Royal castles and Palaces, even if we didn't have a current Monarchy. Time to let the current reign end and then abolish the monarchy.
                      How many castles/palaces do we have that don't have the Queen: lots. How many are anywhere near as popular as the ones that do: none.
                      Nearly every nation has palaces, only a few have ones still in use and that attracts people.

The cost of renovating Westminster is more relevant... why not let it fall down and put the MPs in a concrete/glass box?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X