• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dogs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
    Perhaps you should shop around for better value insurance. Whatever you do, do not go uninsured. One of my dogs got a grass seed in her paw last month. The paw swelled up and she needed an operation to remove it. Total cost so far is around £800.

Having insurance may be expensive. Not having insurance is definitely expensive.
    Over the life of a pet, in most cases it will be cheaper not to have insurance. Depends if you can afford the big bills when they come. Our previous moggies were never insured - we had a couple of very big bills - run over, dodgy eye (£1500!) and thyroid operation and ongoing medication. They lived 18 and 21 years - we were definitely better of picking up the bills than we would have been paying insurance. Having said that, I've insured our new kittens, but with cheapo policy (above) which will pick up the tab if there's anything super expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      100 quid it's costing in food each month.
      Don't see how you can spend that much when all you'd need is a one or two bags of "Wagg Working Dog" or similar, from memory about £7 for 15kg and cos it's for your working dog there's no VAT to pay.

That's a point, if it's a guard dog who's purpose is wholly and exclusively protecting your office, could you claim all that as expenses?
      Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
      "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

now I understand

Dougie the donkey who thinks he's a dog | Daily Mail Online

The donkey who thinks he's a dog! Three-year-old Dougie has the run of the house and loves nothing more than walks, cuddles... and watching tennis
        Miniature donkey lives with owners Cal and Tom Stockbridge in Yorkshire
        Dougie's friendly with couple's Irish wolfhound and the pair go on walks
        Cal insists donkeys make amazing pets and are extremely affectionate

Mrs MF iss looking as lovely as ever but your Butler has popped on a bit of weight.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          They look after the Queens Corgis. I think they're kosher.
          Which is why they ripped you off.

Vets prices vary a lot.

Talk to other dog owners to find a cheaper but just as good vet in the area.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Over the life of a pet, in most cases it will be cheaper not to have insurance. Depends if you can afford the big bills when they come. Our previous moggies were never insured - we had a couple of very big bills - run over, dodgy eye (£1500!) and thyroid operation and ongoing medication. They lived 18 and 21 years - we were definitely better of picking up the bills than we would have been paying insurance. Having said that, I've insured our new kittens, but with cheapo policy (above) which will pick up the tab if there's anything super expensive.
            I agree with this, especially when your animal gets older and your premiums go up.

Comment

Maybe it is undernourished? Do you eat all its food?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Maybe it is undernourished? Do you eat all its food?
                ^^This

I wanted to ask a little while ago and voila

Comment

What kind of fool pays as much for pet insurance as it costs for private medical for a person?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

SYMutt01 has just had surgery to remove tumors from her anus.

Initial consultation, antibiotics, painkillers and biopsy 275 quid.
                    Operation today 700 quid.

She is 10.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      SYMutt01 has just had surgery to remove tumors from her anus.

Initial consultation, antibiotics, painkillers and biopsy 275 quid.
                      Operation today 700 quid.

She is 10.
                      WTF dude ?!!! How do you manage to feed 4 kids, a wife (equivalent of 2 avg sized ppl), yourself (equivalent of 3 - 4 people) and a dog ?!!!!

Have you really had your thing snipped ?

Comment

Working...
                      X