• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'I own 75 buy-to-let properties but I haven't deprived other buyers'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Banks will have to change won't they. They will like being able to charge 'commercial interest' though.
    Banks are already charging commercial interest, it's low because personal BTL activity is marked by greater consumer market and defaults are low, plus large deposit insulates banks nicely. Lending to Ltds is completely different market and banks simply don't want to do it, and when they do it will be done at interest levels that the rents won't support.

Interesting stuff here - Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty | AccountingWEB

Tax implications of transferring that stuff to Ltd can trigger CGT. Such things should be done right from start.

By the way, we should recognise the difference between BTL (buy to let) and BTL (borrow to let). Essentially the latter is mass scale arbitrage that worked for a relatively long period of time but those times are about to get over.
    Last edited by AtW; 7 September 2015, 14:34.

Comment

1.73%

Buy To Let Mortgages - Compare The Best Buy To Let Mortgage Rates

4.95%
      Commercial Mortgages | Commercial Mortgage Rates - Moneyfacts.co.uk
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

4.95% right now with BoE rate of 0.5%, and when BoE goes up to 3% then commercial lending rates would be in 7-8% range, far higher than yields from BTL.

It's the end game for BTL (Borrow-To-Let) in UK, lots of cheap houses for first time buyers - Osborne loses 1 vote, but wins 76 (+1 in repo house of that chap BTLer) and becomes Prime Minister in 2020, and the rest is history.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          It's the end game for BTL (Borrow-To-Let) in UK
          Sorry I disagree. House prices cannot be allowed to fall. It would lead to a bigger recession than in early nineties(due to higher borrowing).

The Powers That Be will not allow it....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            4.95% right now with BoE rate of 0.5%, and when BoE goes up to 3% then commercial lending rates would be in 7-8% range, far higher than yields from BTL.

It's the end game for BTL (Borrow-To-Let) in UK, lots of cheap houses for first time buyers - Osborne loses 1 vote, but wins 76 (+1 in repo house of that chap BTLer) and becomes Prime Minister in 2020, and the rest is history.
            you will not get cheap houses, the people doing BTL will change from middle class couples willing to do a bit to help they will be replaced by hard nosed businessmen who will charge to do anything having grabbed bargains as auctions with existing tenants. The renters will suffer as demand will exceed supply, you will see rents skyrocket. #TurkeysVote4XMAS

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              you will not get cheap houses, the people doing BTL will change from middle class couples willing to do a bit to help they will be replaced by hard nosed businessmen who will charge to do anything having grabbed bargains as auctions with existing tenants. The renters will suffer as demand will exceed supply, you will see rents skyrocket. #TurkeysVote4XMAS
              Most BTL landlords I know are tight as @rseholes money grubbing snooty s so anything that hurts them gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Most BTL landlords I know are tight as @rseholes money grubbing snooty s so anything that hurts them gets my vote.

Just watch rents & evictions go up.

Sorry if you have had bad experiences.

Comment

Most BTL landlords I know are tight as @rseholes
                  You sound very inexperienced

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    Does it not cease being a free market when it is targeted by government action which changes the shape of the market ?
                    It hasn't been one for decades now.
                    Last edited by Zero Liability; 7 September 2015, 16:56.

Comment

Jeeves! Take this common oik out and whip him with the birch.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X