• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CRB checks at banks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Well so was mine. I've been arrested at least three times since then but not charged.

Cause when pushed I give a to someone.
    At your age you want to start controlling yourself!

Comment

Hi DGK

I'm in a similar position to you, execpt mine won't be spent for another 8 years. What did you do in the end? Did you take the job or just forgot about it? I've only got an interview on Monday, but I don't want to go through the hassle if there's no point.

The job on offer is VERY good though.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by DGK View Post
        Thanks MF. Next time I get offered a nicked plasma TV I may as well take the fcuker. Well done Tony Blaire and your left wing commis.

BNP all the way for me now.
        I don't get that part. Surely it is the Lefties who are in favour or forgiving criminals and letting them back out on the streets, and the Right in favour of stiffer punishments?

Comment

Blimey, I had no idea this board was so full of ex-crims.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
            Blimey, I had no idea this board was so full of ex-crims.
            "ex-"?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              I don't get that part. Surely it is the Lefties who are in favour or forgiving criminals and letting them back out on the streets, and the Right in favour of stiffer punishments?
              No - very odd - the only people who seem to be in favour of ID cards etc on here seem to be the ones who are most eager to slag NL at any chance too. Doesn't add up. Then again Stalinist ID card policies align with right wing extremists too (although even the BNP oppose ID cards).

BTW if you think CRB are inefficient, wait till your whole life depends on the "computer says no" database behind ID cards!

Comment

Originally posted by DGK View Post
                Do they do them?

before you ask I'm not a nonse or anything. Just got in a few fights a few years back.

TIA
                Getting back to the original question ..... what sort of gig is it? Three months data analysis at an Investment Bank.? They will just be checking for fraud via your credit check.

Not sure about any more 'meatier' banking roles, hands on with the cash roles, may be very different.

Hope that helps.
                Last edited by Jubber; 25 September 2008, 18:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
                  Hope that helps.
                  As the question was asked nearly two years ago, probably not

Comment

Oooooops

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                      "ex-"?
                      I dunno wot you mean guv
                      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                      X