• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CRB checks at banks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DGK
    Thanks MF. Next time I get offered a nicked plasma TV I may as well take the fcuker.
    Oh right. Off with the good-guy mask.

Comment

CRB checks?

By the time they get around to it your gig will be over...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

From that web site I cannot reconcile these two statements

A person's offence will still remain on the Police National Computer even after it has become spent - it will not be deleted.

Broadly, according to the guidelines from the Association of Chief Police Officers, records of 'recordable' offences (i.e. offences which can be tried in the Crown Court, whether or not they are) should be deleted after 10 years, unless they show that the offender has 3 or more convictions for recordable offences (in which case the record will be kept for 20 years); has been given custodial sentences (in which case the record will be kept for life); has been convicted of indecency, sexual offences, violence, possession of Class A drugs, or trafficking in, importing of or supply of any drug (in which case the record will be kept for life); been found unfit to plead by reason of insanity, or has been sentenced under the Mental Health Acts (in which case the record will be kept for life); been convicted of an offence involving a child or vulnerable adult where the MO indicates that the person deliberately targets such people ( in which case the record will be kept for life)
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Who in their right mind would employ someone with a criminal record?

Comment

"[B]should[/B] be deleted after 10 years"

Doesn't always happen though. Also if you commit or are accused of committing another offence prior to it becoming spent it re-instates the rest for another 10 years.
            You try to get CRB to change your file almost impossible mine has been attached to someone else's and I cannot get them to amend it. Currently seeing a lawyer and going to sue the boll*cks off them. Problems this has caused me are HUGE. Had vetting agency question me and social services all because some geek cannot sort it out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pig
              "[B]should[/B] be deleted after 10 years"

Doesn't always happen though. Also if you commit or are accused of committing another offence prior to it becoming spent it re-instates the rest for another 10 years.
              You try to get CRB to change your file almost impossible mine has been attached to someone else's and I cannot get them to amend it. Currently seeing a lawyer and going to sue the boll*cks off them. Problems this has caused me are HUGE. Had vetting agency question me and social services all because some geek cannot sort it out!!!

But do I own up to indiscretions of youth when asked? when the incident was over 10 years ago and was a one off?
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Well so was mine. I've been arrested at least three times since then but not charged.

Cause when pushed I give a to someone.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Indiscretions with a youth? One off the what?

Originally posted by Troll
                  But do I own up to indiscretions of youth when asked? when the incident was over 10 years ago and was a one off?

You are gary glitter and I don't want anything at all from you, thanks all the same!
                  Why not?

Comment

I work in defence and I wouldn't tell them, if they find it I would hope that they would ask you about it (which they did). As long as your honest about it they is not normally a problem it's dis-honesty they don't like.
                    If it was while you were prior to being 18 years old it won't show anyway. Most professional services will ask. You could phone who ever is vetting you explain what it is and ask for advice.

Comment

I know that the Data Theft Scandal is covered in another thread - but on the topic of convicted persons working in banks - the programme alledged that in a UK bank's call centre, somebody was working with an active court tag on his/her leg. Perhaps his/her convestion wasn't quite "spent"

Comment

Working...
                      X