• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petition to get the gov to reconsider the dividend tax changes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Treasury might indeed reconsider the new dividends tax and put it UP!

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      Not necessarily large companies like John Lewis and Costa Coffee pay the correct amount of corporation tax
      They ALL pay correct amount! Just some pay a lot more than others!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        They ALL pay correct amount! Just some pay a lot more than others!
        Perhaps I should have said they don't use an artificial system of global companies to dramatically lower their UK tax liabilities
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Perhaps I should have said they don't use an artificial system of global companies to dramatically lower their UK tax liabilities
          It's free trade, plus it's completely natural to get clients to pay bills to Irish subsidiary, which in turns pays hefty royalty to Dutch parent company, which in turn does the same to Bermuda parent company which is owned by the parent company in USA. Can't see any artificiality here.

Comment

It's free trade, plus it's completely natural to get clients to pay bills to Irish subsidiary, which in turns pays hefty royalty to Dutch parent company, which in turn does the same to Bermuda parent company which is owned by the parent company in USA. Can't see any artificiality here.

Somehow I don't think I'd be able to that, should I wish to
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

I thought they charged the Irish parent company for branding?

Why don't you do that with Majestic?

What is annoying is that as contractors we can't do this. Its only big companies that can.

Comment

Not necessarily large companies like John Lewis and Costa Coffee pay the correct amount of corporation tax
                Is it coincidence that they both make better coffee than Starbucks?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Is it coincidence that they both make better coffee than Starbucks?
                  I guess they believe in quality to encourage customers to return and make repeat purchases that and the fact they need to be able to compete with other companies that have an obvious tax advantage over them.
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    YOU might do that. Go use an umbrella company or go permie. Tard.
                    Need help finding the ignore button?

Comment

Just signed it and will get other people to sign it also.

Comment

Working...
                      X