• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official CUK bench - Late Summer 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay budge up, 2 weeks after house move and unpacking I am officially on t'bench.

Last two gigs were direct so now having to deal with pimps again after 18 months of bliss, what a pain. Oh the BS they come out with.

Yes RealIT I'm looking at you.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

The ClientCo in Wolverhampton that pissed me around for weeks, then said there was no role as they didn't win the project are now advertising on Jobswerve again via a different agency.

Apparently one of their devs just left.

So I told him about my previous experience of said Client.

Got the usual utter bolux about how his agency are the only ones on the PSL, how I was interviewed by the wrong people before, and he is in touch with the hiring manager directly by special batphone.

I pointed out that I was interviewed by the CTO.

He then tried to tell me the top end was 25 ppd less than advertised and it was Jobswerve's fault the ad wasn't properly placed.

I pointed out that the ad was 50ppd less than I went over their previously at, and 75ppd less would be an absolute pisstake as I need to put up travel and accom costs.

I said I wasn't interested and he then talked round the houses for aaaaaaages, then said "So what's your bottom line?". That would be the rate I said when I found out who and where this role is.

So the tall and short of it is I have said it's ok to put me forward, at my rate and see what they say. I know for a fact they are charging out at 2X my rate at least so I'm not going to get screwed down on rate.

It was rather fun to chew up and spit out a pimp for a change.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Official CUK bench - Late Summer 2015

Agent rang saying the person who will be interviewing was very busy and could I offer them a morning and afternoon window in which I would be available for phone interview.

Not wanting to be standing to attention for a large part of the day I said "call 2 hours in advance when they are ready".

The agent just called but inviting me to a face to face. I laughed at him. I am not giving up my spot on the bench that easily.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Snip
          So how do you think being put in front of the client for the 2nd time, by a different agent (who you have probably given permission to represent you with this client) is going to make you look ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            So how do you think being put in front of the client for the 2nd time, by a different agent (who you have probably given permission to represent you with this client) is going to make you look ?
            Well seeing as it's a completely different role I don't think it matters. Bearing in mind I've already been pissed about by them I'm not really that fussed. If I get a gig out of it, then I have a means to invoice. If nothing comes of it I've lost nothing.

The fact that the original agency hasn't come knocking my door down means either :

a) Don't bring us suity again, he was rubbish but we liked interviewing him twice and dicking him about, but the fun's over.
            b) They didn't bother with the original agency.

If it is a different hiring manager as I'm lead to believe then it is very very possible for the left and right hand not to speak to each other, especially with this bunch of arseclowns.

Comment

Well seeing as it's a completely different role I don't think it matters. Bearing in mind I've already been pissed about by them I'm not really that fussed. If I get a gig out of it, then I have a means to invoice. If nothing comes of it I've lost nothing.

The fact that the original agency hasn't come knocking my door down means either :

a) Don't bring us suity again, he was rubbish but we liked interviewing him twice and dicking him about, but the fun's over.
              b) They didn't bother with the original agency.

If it is a different hiring manager as I'm lead to believe then it is very very possible for the left and right hand not to speak to each other, especially with this bunch of arseclowns.

Your level of stupidity never fails to amaze.

Two agents, one company. Suityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Your level of stupidity never fails to amaze.

Two agents, one company. Suityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
                Humour me.

Agent A puts you forward for a role. You interview. Twice. Then get turned down.

Some weeks pass.

Agent B puts you forward for another role with the same company.

What did I do wrong?

Comment

Humour me.

Agent A puts you forward for a role. You interview. Twice. Then get turned down.

Some weeks pass.

Agent B puts you forward for another role with the same company.

What did I do wrong?
                  How many times have you seen two agents fight over a contractor until the company gives up and says the contractor won't get the gig.

It's like two pit bulls chewing a small child, Brillopad and any of his ex-wives fighting over the kids, or NorthernLad and Malvolio trying to answer a question to a newbie in a professional thread.

The innocent party never wins.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It's like two pit bulls chewing a small child, Brillopad and any of his ex-wives fighting over the kids, or NorthernLad and psychocandy trying to answer a question to a newbie in a professional thread.
                    FTFY

Comment

How many times have you seen two agents fight over a contractor until the company gives up and says the contractor won't get the gig.

It's like two pit bulls chewing a small child, Brillopad and any of his ex-wives fighting over the kids, or NorthernLad and Malvolio trying to answer a question to a newbie in a professional thread.

The innocent party never wins.
                      Suity is not innocent! He will win!

Comment

Working...
                      X