• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question about expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about expenses

Hi, Have a limited company and doing IT consultancy me dorector and one secretary who i employ . Have a friend who runs a building company, wanted to commission some work for me, thinking of putting it on expenses as building an office) , wanted to spend about 20 K maybe 30k for this. Will be paying to his business and getting invoice
    Do you think it is legit?
    Any issues could be associated with this.?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6jYoagXmZE

Comment

Originally posted by shtek View Post
      Hi, Have a limited company and doing IT consultancy me dorector and one secretary who i employ . Have a friend who runs a building company, wanted to commission some work for me, thinking of putting it on expenses as building an office) , wanted to spend about 20 K maybe 30k for this. Will be paying to his business and getting invoice
      Do you think it is legit?
      This office attached to your house perchance?

Comment

Originally posted by shtek View Post
        Make sure you get the VAT back!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          This office attached to your house perchance?
          More like the other way round.

Raza Shah turned bungalow into mansion: Now businessman ordered to knock down house in Barton-le-Clay, Bedfordshire - Mirror Online

Comment

He won the appeal though.

Comment

Council ****ed it up

Edit: actually still ongoing...

Comment

There was a chap in Bolton, retired Doctor, bought a two bed bungalow in Ladybridge, got planning permission to extend it, but built it like *six times bigger than the plans.

Council made him knock it down.

Lostock planning row features in Channel 4's Damned Designs programme (From The Bolton News)

* definite exaggeration by me.

Comment

I thought about moving this thread.

Until I opened it...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Question

HI, Sorry if I posted in the wrong part of the forum.
                    The answers to some responses, the office which I want to build is just going to be extention to one of my residential properties. It is technically converting existing conservatory into permanent room. but the builder is my friend so I will ask him to write whatever receipt I need.
                    I just wanted to know if this is legitimate, and if I shall keep the budget to some level.
                    I am not going to build a mantion. just couple of rooms, the cost shall be low.

Comment

Working...
                    X