• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

With the dividend taxation will you continue contracting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the dividend taxation will you continue contracting?

Poll to follow.
    Yes
    80.30%
    No
    10.61%
    I'm a brolly contractor
    0.00%
    I find AndyW's mum taxing enough for me.
    4.55%
    I'm just not sure
    4.55%
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

There needs to be a not sure option, this on its own won't push me to permie, but if they mess about with T&S too much it will be the straw that broke the camels back
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      There needs to be a not sure option, this on its own won't push me to permie, but if they mess about with T&S too much it will be the straw that broke the camels back
      Same here, I'm very curious as to what they'll do with T&S and how I'm going to mitigate it. To date the clients I've had have been very flexible long may it continue as I'm probably going to need that flexibility now more than ever when the storm clears.
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

+1

Dividend thing sucks but i'm in a decent location work-wise so lets see what comes of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Added. If you voted and want it reallocated, let me know.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Added. If you voted and want it reallocated, let me know.
            Thank you sweeite

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

This may force you to specifically get Clients to pay for T&S as part of the terms of engagement rather than just a day rate and sort it out yourself?
              Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                This may force you to specifically get Clients to pay for T&S as part of the terms of engagement rather than just a day rate and sort it out yourself?
                And with it a drop in rate?

I doubt too many contractors would agree to that

Comment

Dividend thing - meh - taxes were going to rise and personally I'm surprised I've had it so good for so long.

The killer issue will be expenses. If I need to cover those via taxed income those expenses are going to be far higher as I'll need to pay a minimum of 37.5% tax on that income..
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                    In which case they'll just on-shore a Bob instead.

Comment

Working...
                    X