• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why you should have voted UKIP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Because it's now seen as a derogatory term for Indians. Or at least, I think that's what the mods said - I thought there was a ruling on it. I expect they'll let us know, I might have mis-remembered.

"paki" is just shorthand for "Pakistani" so your argument is not a particularly strong one
    Bob is short for offshore IT workers who are often Indian. There are many Indians who are not bobs. It is likely that there are many bobs who are not Indians.

In fact India is one of the most discriminatory countries in the world. Perhaps we should use 'untouchables' instead.

So arguably, your argument is pretty weak in fact, it was probably just to start an argument.
    Last edited by tractor; 9 July 2015, 12:48.

Comment

I'm not the one who made the rule, no need to get all angsty with the messenger.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        **** me, that looks really scary, like a male Stepford Wife on ketamine
        Or Kenneth Williams after overdosing on atropine eye drops!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I'm not the one who made the rule, no need to get all angsty with the messenger.
          No one is angsty here, why do you run messages for Mods?

Anyway, it was more than a message, you moderated the Mods message, if indeed it was, with a comment all your own about Pakistani's to justify a message when even you couldn't even remember if it was correct.

And it was bollox. Not all Indians are Bobs. I note you didn't retract your poor assertion.

I guess I better wait for the 'Miss, he said Bollox' reply now.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post

In fact India is one of the most discriminatory countries in the world. Perhaps we should use 'untouchables' instead.
            Unsullied? Ooh khalisi!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Or Kenneth Williams after overdosing on atropine eye drops!
              Or a contract Terminator sent from the future to wipe out the flexible workforce.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
                Unsullied? Ooh khalisi!
                Just withdraw the work permits, calm down!

Castration is going a bit far!

Comment

Working...
                X