• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official Summer 2015 Budget Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "consultation" period is a sharade - I've been through one once (tax free redundancy payment was nice though), it's basically 90 days notice period that you will fire those people - they are "consulted with" on say ideas to magically double sales in that period to turn the company around

There are NO problems for big companies to sack employees in UK.

Charade

Comment

I've seen staff come up with 'allegations' when in the gardening leave/consultation period that made the company keep them on.

One was sexual harassment another was sexual discrimination.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        For once we're in agreement, I think.

Um, no. Quite the opposite. I'm not the one saying I'm betrayed because I have to pay more tax, or that the situation is 'bad and wrong' because it hurts me in the pocket. I have absolutely no desire to pay any more tax but there seems no objective way to say the changes as understood, are anything of the sort.

If you're holding up politicians as role models, I feel you're on weak ground before we even start.
        Your argument that it is fair for contractors to pay the same as permies is fundamentally flawed and shows your lack of understanding. If it is not lack of understanding, it is trolling.

For further evidence, trolls often put words into the mouths of others then represent them as that persons beliefs or claims. I said no such thing. Whatever scumbags politicians are, the majority of them are intelligent. They do not have to be role models to fit your claim. They just have to be intelligent and in debate. Which they are both and are invariably rude and angry. Especially when people are deliberately stupid/obtuse/too stubborn to realise their view is just that; a view.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          For further evidence, trolls often put words into the mouths of others then represent them as that persons beliefs or claims.

Oh really?

Comment

Oh really?

Are you American?

It is a joke along the lines of Malvolio being Malvolio, I guess it is too subtle?

Comment

The only problem in sacking in UK is in public sector which is heavily unionized. For that reason the Govt TUPEing said employees to private companies who will then have no problems sacking them.
              Funny how you keep hearing about employment tribunals, and they aren't always public sector, either.

But it isn't contractors who are going to employment tribunals except in really rare cases.

Comment

It is a joke along the lines of Malvolio being Malvolio, I guess it is too subtle?
                Sir, I refer you to the words you've used above -

"trolls often put words into the mouths of others then represent them as that persons beliefs or claims."

Look at the picture and words on it...

And stop trolling!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                  Funny how you keep hearing about employment tribunals, and they aren't always public sector, either.
                  Tesco laid off 10k this year, do you think they had big problem implementing it? It's not as easy (read as cheap) as in USA, but a lot cheaper than in France or Germany. It's no problem really for big companies.

Comment

Sir, I refer you to the words you've used above -

"trolls often put words into the mouths of others then represent them as that persons beliefs or claims."

Look at the picture and words on it...

And stop trolling!!!
                    I cannot go to bed because you are still wrong. How do you know I am a Sir? I have never told anyone here of my visit to the Palace.

Oh, now I've looked at the picture, I see what you mean. I never noticed that when I searched the internet very specifically for it. Silly me.

Comment

I cannot go to bed because you are still wrong. How do you know I am a Sir? I have never told anyone here of my visit to the Palace.

Oh, now I've looked at the picture, I see what you mean. I never noticed that when I searched the internet very specifically for it. Silly me.
                      Troll.

Comment

Working...
                      X