• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official Summer 2015 Budget Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    Did you look at the PWC study?

Of course, my revenue is around £200K per annum. If yours is £50K, then a £10K salary for a non-exec director might be harder to justify.

I can easily justify £3K for bookkeeping, etc, and £7K for a non-exec director. If your spouse isn't doing your bookkeeping, it might get harder.
    Looks like I might need a risk committee and a remuneration committee that the wife can head up.

Comment

Overview here

Summer Budget 2015 denounced as 'bad' for contractors :: Contractor UK

Comment

Well back to a permie life it is then.
        Last edited by Flashman; 8 July 2015, 16:54.

Comment

I bet many people who voted Tory will be wanting a refund. I know I would.

It's safe to say I shan't be voting for them (or Labour, or the LDs), come 2020. Even if the rhetoric sounds good, you can't really stop them from just doing whatever they feel like in the end, other than by not voting them back in.

Comment

Every time a Minister or Chancellor mentions the word 'fairness' run, far away.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
              I bet many people who voted Tory will be wanting a refund. I know I would.
              I have never voted for a party that actually won the election.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                Every time a Minister or Chancellor mentions the word 'fairness' run, far away.
                AFAIC, this budget isn't even particularly good for the economy. Yes they may get the debt down, if all assumptions play out as they expect them to, and eventually run a surplus, but they are just chasing away investors and high skilled labour from even contemplating this market; this is the sort of budget I was concerned Miliband would deliver. What I was expecting was some movement to a harmonisation of PAYE and NIC. What we got was an even more complex, opaque tax system that is the equivalent of searching between the couch cushions to get a few extra pennies to go spend on fags and booze. The excuse will always be "we live in hard times" etc.

Going to be interesting to see how effectively forcing larger companies to take on apprentices or cough up is going to work out. I wonder if this is to deal with any fallout from a higher MW, as statistically speaking you're likelier to be on it if you are low skilled and young. In that case, there may be financial incentives involved for a firm to take you on as an apprentice rather than an ordinary employee.

The welfare reforms and BTL changes were about the only things that may help rebalance the economy a little.
                Last edited by Zero Liability; 8 July 2015, 17:10.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Parties don't win elections, governments lose them.

Comment

LOL, but they are the party of the small business. This must be for our own good.

Think of all the poor jobless bobs who will benefit from the creation of a barrier for UK contractors. They'll be enrolling in their millions for a two week intensive degree in much cheapness.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Wasted your vote, eh?

Fooking Tories - chancellors should NEVER be able to become Prime Ministers, it's the kind of job that should be the end of their career (in jail if they fook up).

Comment

Working...
                      X