• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official Summer 2015 Budget Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Troll.

But I am a Super Poster, whilst your post count is merely Majestic which infers absolutely nothing about quality.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
      But I am a Super Poster, whilst your post count is merely Majestic which infers absolutely nothing about quality.
      The higher the post count, the lower the quality of posts usually, just look at BrilloPad's character...

Comment

The higher the post count, the lower the quality of posts usually, just look at BrilloPad's character...
        I break that rule. Pure quality every single one.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          But yours are significantly diluted when the number of your sockie posts is taken into account, so no, you don't.

Comment

There are NO problems for big companies to sack employees in UK.
            I have also been through redundancy/tribunal with a large company. It was settled on terms favourable to me. I have also seen it from the other side with the small family business. Even for large companies, senior managers must invest significant time and effort into a single redundancy. The consultation I agree is a charade but an expensive charade for the company. And the consequences of losing at tribunal are frightening - both for the company, who would suffer public loss of reputation, and for the managers personally - who must appear and be questioned, and risk being virtually shown for liars in open court if they lose. (not a court but similar, less formal, public).

If you are shutting down a whole plant, of course the redundancies will not be contested. But try to use "redundancy" as a cover for getting rid of a lazy/argumentative/poorly performing/overpaid employee, and your sins will find you out. Not fair, just UK law. Hence my original argument of this all being not a bad thing for contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              So does your wife.

Comment

Working...
              X