• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long is your day including commute?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 minutes in the car (15 if the traffic's bad) or 30 mins cycle through the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Where in the country are you living if you only have 15 min commutes?
      In the countryside for me.

Could probably earn more elsewhere but I hate commuting and hate hotels even more.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Up at 6am, work for a couple of hours, perform ablutions, get to client site for 9, home by 6pm. So 12 hours.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Two hours each way on the train (Southampton to Canary Wharf), then 9 hours or so at work. You have to develop a strategy or else you'll cream-cracker yourself.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

9 minutes by car.

Comment

Between 1:45 and 2:30 each way dependent on traffic

I stay over 1 night a week and WFH on Friday's

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Two minute walk from bed
                That's either no ordinary house or no ordinary walk. I will keep everything crossed it's the former.

Comment

Commute varies but normally 90mins each way with a 10 hour work day.

But that is the norm for permie in construction.
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                    Commute varies but normally 90mins each way with a 10 hour work day.

But that is the norm for permie in construction.
                    When I've had builders round doing extensions, they arrive just before 10am, have two hour lunch breaks in the pub/betting shop, 4 x 15 min tea and fag breaks, and start packing up at 3.30pm

I don't think you've got this construction lark quite right if you ask me....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      When I've had builders round doing extensions, they arrive just before 10am, have two hour lunch breaks in the pub/betting shop, 4 x 15 min tea and fag breaks, and start packing up at 3.30pm

I don't think you've got this construction lark quite right if you ask me....

That’s the difference between residential & commercial construction and management & operative .
                      Growing old is mandatory
                      Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                      X