• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That third runway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    I think the third runway should be exclusively for us rich contractors who use private flights.
    You are thinking of Northholt. But if you did not know that, AYCOTBAC?

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

HTH
      Northolt is for Squaddies and Terrorists suffering rendition.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I used to live under the flight path of an airport. I chose to do so and never complained even when the runway was extended. Those near Heathrow chose to live near the airport so they should shut up or move. In fact I am looking to move near Heathrow.

Apart from Heathrow, the other options for expansion are no good for people living SW of London, they may as well fly from a local airport to a European hub rather than going to other so-called London airports.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          5 if you include London Oxford Airport.

Surely the people of West London get no sleep anyway, or at least have learned to sleep through the noise/have gone deaf. So why does it matter if there's a third runway?

Luton
          Stansted
          Southend
          Gatwick
          City
          Oxford (hardly any scheduled flights at all, they try adding new flights all the time but all the operators go bust after a couple of flights)

Personally I would say the Boris Island is the best idea else expand Gatwick or even Stansted
          Expanding Heathrow is just utter madness

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

HTH

Comment

"Build it, and they will come"

Comment

5 if you include London Oxford Airport.

Surely the people of West London get no sleep anyway, or at least have learned to sleep through the noise/have gone deaf. So why does it matter if there's a third runway?

6 if you include London City

7 if you include London Manston Airport.

The island makes no sense, arrival and departure flows are too close to the UK airspace.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Its all part of the plan....

Airstrip One - Formally called England. This term demonstrates Orwell's distain for American influence Europe. It seems that Oceania (America, England, South America, Australia) looks upon Britain as little more than an ‘airstrip’ ... a launching ground into the European theater of war. It appears that Orwell was predicting the minor role that England would play in the global politics of the future.
                  Owned by Spaniards I believe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrovial
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    7 if you include London Manston Airport.
                    You're making that one up.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

You're making that one up.
                      I am, it went bust in 2014.

There is London South End Airport though...
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X