• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost Love

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my son had a similar scenario, aged 19. I took him for a beer and explained to him that no woman no cry, no woman no cry.
    I got him another ale and went on to explain that Good friends we have, oh, good friends we have lost Along the way, yeah!.
    He sort of got the gist and I finished up by explaining that In this great future, you can't forget your past.
    oh yeah
    no woman no cry
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
      Yeah. Girlfriend was too clingy. He initiated a bit of a trial separation (this all sounds a bit Friends, doesn't it?), was invited out by lady2, now claims he felt wracked with guilt which was why Mr Floppy stepped in. He then decided to get back with girlfriend but she was suspicious of what he'd been up to so (against his father's advice) he decided that honesty was the best policy. And here we are.

The bigger story (for me) is the frustration a parent has to endure watching their child clatter their way clumsily through their early years ignoring the voices of experience, preferring to make their own often horrific choices then bemoaning the consequences.

Which is how I came to have a son in the first place, thinking about it.
      sad but I suspect he has had a lucky escape. Clingy girlfriends turn into scary significant others.

Honesty by the way is the best policy if you want a future, not so much if you just want a shag.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
        The bigger story (for me) is the frustration a parent has to endure watching their child clatter their way clumsily through their early years ignoring the voices of experience, preferring to make their own often horrific choices then bemoaning the consequences.
        Agreed. I want my kids to tell me nothing. I provide the pocket money - rest is up to them.

Comment

Working...
        X