• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some feggin sense, at last!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lorries should never be allowed to overtake any other vehicle on any motorway.

And give huge fines to slow drivers that hold them up.

Job done.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
      I just undertake middle lane hoggers to make a point
      Then you are worse than the middle lane hoggers and a
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
        Why is that? Undertaking perfectly legal in the States. And I don't understand why its not legal over here.

As long as it is done without swerving then I don't see in issue. But if I am going along in Lane 1 at 65, and have to go to lane 3 to overtake someone doing 60 in lane2, its not very good is it?

Mind you, these days generally all lanes are packed anyway so its academic.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Why is that? Undertaking perfectly legal in the States. And I don't understand why its not legal over here.

As long as it is done without swerving then I don't see in issue. But if I am going along in Lane 1 at 65, and have to go to lane 3 to overtake someone doing 60 in lane2, its not very good is it?

Mind you, these days generally all lanes are packed anyway so its academic.
          I agree it should be legal here, but it isn't. The numpty who sits in the middle lane doesn't expect to be passed by a car in the inside lane, so he might decide to move over just as he is being passed.
          I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

If you overtake on the left you're improving the traffic flow and therefore making life better for everybody. And though unlikely, there's always the possibility the lane hogger will learn and move over.

I do it sometimes. It is a little risky of course. If it became legal to overtake on the left then that implies it's legal to drive at any speed in any lane, and I think that would be worse.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

So, if I'm lane 1 doing 70, and there's some dick in lane two doing 55, by your logic I'm supposed to cross two lanes to overtake, and drop back in to lane 1?

What an absolute twunt.
              Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
              "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

So, if I'm lane 1 doing 70, and there's some dick in lane two doing 55, by your logic I'm supposed to cross two lanes to overtake, and drop back in to lane 1?

What an absolute twunt.
                That is the legal situation though. You want to undertake and risk points/fine?

Comment

What an absolute twunt.
                  That is the law and what you should do. You should then move over to the left lane and slow down. When numpty has then overtaken you, you move back to the right hand lane and overtake him. Continue until he gets the message or you get bored.

But, if you do undertake and he then moves across and causes a crash, you are to blame in the eyes of the law.

Comment

Maybe so, but the lane hogger is already breaking the law by hogging lane two, and I could argue he failed to Mirror-Signal-Manouvre back in to lane 1.
                    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Just bring in automated driving, on lorries especially.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X