• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Fallacy of global warming debunked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    So you manage to find one tiny bit of contradictory evidence on one point and you think that you can contradict the entire.[/url]
    A single lie is sufficient to establish that he has no credibility. Also he describes as 'The Strongest Support of GWT Debunked' the idea that CO2 is only measured at one location,

But what troubles me most, is the fact that the Mauna Loa observatory was deliberately set up at midway to the summit of a recent active volcano! Why put it on a volcano? We know volcanoes emit a lot of CO2 from their vents, even those inactive ones.
    This and all his other myths are, as I said, long debunked: https://www.skepticalscience.com/mau...asurements.htm

If you did just a bit of basic research before posting, you'd look less of a zealot. Did you really believe a software engineer's technical 'debunking' of >30 years of research, thousands of peer-reviewed papers, the opinion of all the world's scientific bodies, would sit on LinkedIn for 9 months garnering just 5 comments if it had any merit?
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Water vapour is by far the most abundant and powerful greenhouse gas.
      But its important to remember that the IPCC was directed only to examine human causes of climate change.
      Not only are the limitations of IPCC studies primarily created by the definition of climate change they were given but they result in a very restricted set of conclusions.

And then all IPCC predictions are wrong, therefore the science is wrong
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        Nobody here is going to wade through all that guff, its a collection of long worn out denier talking points and lies. For example

Oh, what's this in Chapter eight of the most recent IPCC report. Its an FAQ. Chapter 8, FAQ number 8.1 How Important is Water Vapour to Climate Change? which starts:

Gosh, a 'Senior Software Developer, Unconventional Thinker, Innovator and Entrepreneur' is posting lies on LinkedIn. Alert the media!

And no, the measurements of global CO2 are not wrong because they are only taken on the side of one volcano

Please try harder.
        This is the result of "environmentalism"

Deforestation in the UK | Climate Etc.

Global warmists are doing serious harm to the environment, with their misguided beliefs.

Tragic when you think about it.

Just threw away yet another energy saving lamp yesterday. I wonder how much good these do for the environment.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Water vapour is by far the most abundant and powerful greenhouse gas.
          True, the difference between adding more H20 compared to CO2 is that excess water vapour precipitates out in a matter of days or weeks, while a pulse of CO2 increases airborne concentrations for decades and longer, boosting the greenhouse effect.

But its important to remember that the IPCC was directed only to examine human causes of climate change.
          Maybe in the days of the precursor to the IPCC, nowadays they consider all influences on climate.

Not only are the limitations of IPCC studies primarily created by the definition of climate change they were given but they result in a very restricted set of conclusions.
          Not the case.

And then all IPCC predictions are wrong, therefore the science is wrong
          Sophistry. All models are 'wrong by definition. Some are useful. The IPCC models are 'right' at the 95% level.

My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
            Oh, what's this in Chapter eight of the most recent IPCC report. Its an FAQ. Chapter 8, FAQ number 8.1 How Important is Water Vapour to Climate Change? which starts:
            Mind you he does have a vested interest:

In addition, I have filed for a number of non-job-related provisional and non-provisional patents in the area of multimedia contents, audio/video watermark embedding, detection and erasure:
            • US Pat. App. 14258014: Energy Efficient Water Extraction from Air
            Although I personally like this one:

An inventor of multiple US patents, listed below:
            • US20080098448: Controller to track a user’s anxiety and other mental and physical attributes
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

meanwhile arctic ice is up
              Antarctic ice is up
              Polar bear numbers are up

and Greenland has just had it's first green shoots of the year....on the last day of spring
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Mind you he does have a vested interest:

Although I personally like this one:
                So his arguments shouldn't be too hard for you to contradict then ?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I lean to believe that H2O may account for 90% greenhouse effect, leaving 8% for CO2, 1% for methane and 1% for everything else
                  Faulty logic. Assuming those percentages are correct, they will have been largely similar for a few million years before man came along. If we add just a few percent to the effects from CO2 it is not necessarily trivial. A small man-made rise in temperature, added to those from natural causes like increased solar activity, could still have a major effect because some things, such as the release of methane from soil and ocean and the major effect that will have, are not linear in proportion to temperature.

PS Can't be *rsed to check that figure but I have seen the effects of H2O greatly overstated before because people have based it on the concentration in the lower atmosphere. Concentration in the upper atmosphere is much less.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 19 June 2015, 10:43.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Isn't it ironic I remember in the 1990's being shown frightening images of how global warming would affect the forests, and they looked like this.

Now I thought this meant the forests would die because of climate change, but actually the deforestation in the photo above is caused by environmentalists chopping them down in the name of Global Warming for biofuel.
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 19 June 2015, 10:43.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Faulty logic. Assuming those percentages are correct, they will have been largely similar for a few million years before man came along. If we add just a few percent to the effects from CO2 the effect is not necessarily trivial. A small man-made rise in temperature, added to those from natural causes like increased solar activity, could still have a major effect because some things, such as the release of methane from soil and ocean and the major effect that will have, are not linear in proportion to temperature.
                      The theory is that water vapour , as the major greenhouse gas is mostly stable. An increase in one of the other gasses will cause an increase in temperature and this will lead to other gasses being released, notably methane from the permafrost.
                      This will bootstrap and eventually lead to an increase in water vapour which will then lead to a tipping point.
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                      X