• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stone me, maybe BrilloPad was right!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I was referring to the massive type size.

Or is it just on my browser?
    It was just in case we had any Mr Magoos
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

While you are rant and wail about the parents, and personal attacks on me, how about a thought for the child? It must be totally devastating.

I hope there will be some sort of sharing of parental responsibilities so that contact with both parents can be maintained.

For a system totally geared to the mother, she must have done some very bad stuff to lose custody. Does not mean she should not be fully involved with the child's upbringing though. For the sake of the child.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        It was just in case we had any Mr Magoos
        You may have your eyesight into total failure, but the rest of us are fine thanks.

Cheers for thinking of us though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          While you are rant and wail about the parents, and personal attacks on me, how about a thought for the child? It must be totally devastating.

I hope there will be some sort of sharing of parental responsibilities so that contact with both parents can be maintained.

For a system totally geared to the mother, she must have done some very bad stuff to lose custody. Does not mean she should not be fully involved with the child's upbringing though. For the sake of the child.
          So are you saying even a bad mother deserves some contact?
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I believe the answer is yes. More importantly I would like the contact to be meaningful. I don't want to see "McMums". Children can get by on 1 parent - I did. But its *usually* better with both parents involved.

What is more difficult is where a parent does not want contact with a child. You can guess my thoughts on such scum. But how can you force that?

BTW children almost always want contact, unless there is Parental Alienation Syndrome(PAS). Maybe that was what happened in this case? Hard to tell as details are hidden(quite rightly).

Comment

if its positive for the child yes.

As Brillo pointed out its the child first, they aren't responsible for and shouldn't suffer because of a mess the parents make.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I believe the answer is yes. More importantly I would like the contact to be meaningful. I don't want to see "McMums". Children can get by on 1 parent - I did. But its *usually* better with both parents involved.

What is more difficult is where a parent does not want contact with a child. You can guess my thoughts on such scum. But how can you force that?

BTW children almost always want contact, unless there is Parental Alienation Syndrome(PAS). Maybe that was what happened in this case? Hard to tell as details are hidden(quite rightly).
                Its not always clear cut though, "my" eldest two have abosultly no contact with thier real dad, and I truely believe it is in their best interest.

I have seen examples of many children who have been disaffected by the missing parents absence for so long, that when (usually) the dad comes back in their life as a McDad as you put it the children are hesitant to see the other parent after so long because that is not the norm for them anymore
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Its not always clear cut though, "my" eldest two have abosultly no contact with thier real dad, and I truely believe it is in their best interest.
                  Hard to tell without hearing the reasons. I have heard women say "the kids don't have contact with their Dad - and I want to keep it that way".

I have seen examples of many children who have been disaffected by the missing parents absence for so long, that when (usually) the dad comes back in their life as a McDad as you put it the children are hesitant to see the other parent after so long because that is not the norm for them anymore
                  Depends on the age of the child. Children usually get a say at 10 if they want to see the mother - and 13 if they want to see their father!

Comment

Has she been jailed yet?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Has she been jailed yet?
                      She has "gone rogue" in Somerset. Reason enough in itself to have her sectioned some might say!!
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X