• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lessons learnt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
    Hi,

I'm into the second month of my first contract and I've read all the good advice on hear . Snip

VC
    Good advice? What site are you talking about as it doesn't describe this one
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Don't change a metal light switch with he power still on. You end up slightly charred due to arc welding the screwdriver to the faceplate.

Comment

Warning: The filling may be hot!

Comment

If you're having a hand shandy in the traps at work, ALWAYS check that the door is actually locked.

Don't think that's a client I'll get asked back to......
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Never stick your penis through a hole in the wall on the off chance unless you're absolutely sure it's a bona-fida glory hole or you're 100% sure MF isn't on the other side....

Comment

If working for a government contract always check the seat for footprints before squatting.

Comment

If you bite off more than you can chew, never swallow.

Comment

Don't go to CUK drinks. They're a fecking odd bunch of feckers.

Comment

Look after your sockies, and your sockies will look after you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                      Never believe what a pimp tells you.
                      Or an estate agent, or a car sales person, or anyone on here.

(Not hear....)
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X