• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Collateral Damage - NHS and Agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    It was a prison hospital though
    Needless to say I got out.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

there you go

Hospitals shake up how they recruit staff after Victorino Chua | Daily Mail Online

The clampdown comes after a nurse who sat an NHS test in Manila in March told the Mail how the woman let candidates take pictures of the answers on their smartphones during a crucial exam to qualify for jobs at King’s. This was not witnessed by a recruitment team from London. The nurse added that applicants only had to provide photocopies of their qualifications when being selected for job interviews.

Omanfil has also helped recruit nurses for London’s Whittington Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridgeshire, and played a key role in the recruitment process for London’s University College Hospital – which is looking to recruit dozens of nurses from the Philippines.

Details of the cheating scam were revealed last month in the aftermath of the trial of suspected bogus nurse Chua, 49, originally from the Philippines, who was convicted of murdering two patients and poisoning 19 others at Stepping Hill Hospital in Stockport, Greater Manchester.
      and I thought I was being too cynical.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Yet, if you are UK based - and you have a caution for getting too pi$$ed on a Saturday night 10 years back - and fail a DBSS check

Comment

Collateral Damage?

The Agency I had for my last NHS role contacted me last night to complete a 'phone survey'.

They said they had been asked to by NHS.

Had questions like:

- Did you carry out an IR35 assessment of the contract
          - Have you paid all relevant PAYE and NI
          - If requested would you ask your accountant to send us a copy of your accounts

Now I'm in IPSE+ but I don't know if that covers enquiries routed via Agency / Customer-ish bodies rather than HMRC?

All a bit rum.

Sorry to cut in on your conversation about nurses...

Comment

Working...
          X