• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Collateral Damage - NHS and Agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The Royal College of Nursing pushed for it, as they want nursing to be a graduate profession. What this has meant is that a those people who want to become a nurse as a vocation, yet are not academically inclined have to be healthcare assistants. It's also meant that the caring side of nursing has suffered - with a greater proportion of people doing it as a job, rather than vocation. Hence the lack of compassion scandals.
    It's almost as though we really need some kind of invisible hand...

Comment

Legislate to stop the pimps taking more than 10%, the greedy ****s

Comment

Nursing should be vocational in my view and now professional. On that, "professional" really just means getting paid for what you do. Viz, professionals are in it for the pay. I want nurses to be in it for the vocation, not the money. They should really be "angels" in a sense. People you would happily trust with your life, or that of an elderly relative. Less Diamond White and more Florence Nightingale.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Possibly I will be attacked but I never really understood the requirement for all Nurses to be graduates.

I'm perfectly happy to believe that with experience some may want to retrain or gain a degree later but lets be honest if you were a graduate and you were offered an nice comfy office job 9-5 or cleaning up someones fluids all night for £21K which would you choose? In the City that is hardly a decent wage.

Seems reasonable to limit agency cut to < 10% and increase Bank wages to cut out Agencies long term.
          A degree shows someone they are capable of learning, its why some companies are willing to accept you if you have a degree in an otherwise irrlevant field.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            A degree shows someone they are capable of learning, its why some companies are willing to accept you if you have a degree in an otherwise irrlevant field.
            But is it necessary in basic Nursing, or could you just demand it for Nurse Practitioner giving starter Nurses an NVQ or similar path to it?

Adult nurse: Job description | Prospects.ac.uk

Born May 12, 1820 in Florence, Italy.

? Undertook nurse's training in Germany in 1853.

? Arrived in Scutari, Turkey during the Crimean War in 1854.

? Became a Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society in 1858.
            Mary Seacole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Looks like there is another campaign about the cut agencies are getting, talks about a cap (although I thought there was a framework anyway)

Anyone expecting a knee-jerk reaction to come round and bite us on the arse?!

Sanctions target 'rip-off' NHS temps - BBC News
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I am thinking that maybe I could dress a few of you up in nurses outfits and charge you out at £2000 per day.

I reckon an 80:20 split would be reasonable - which means you get £400
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  I am thinking that maybe I could dress a few of you up in nurses outfits and charge you out at £2000 per day.

I reckon an 80:20 split would be reasonable - which means you get £400
                  Sweetheart, I have told you many many times, you just simple can't afford me x
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

FTFY
                    Cheap jibe. Do our University Graduates get given their degrees or do they purchase them?

Comment

But is it necessary in basic Nursing, or could you just demand it for Nurse Practitioner giving starter Nurses an NVQ or similar path to it?

Adult nurse: Job description | Prospects.ac.uk

Mary Seacole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                      We used to have nursing colleges attached to hospitals but they were axed (well before Coalition austerity) to save the Health Trusts money.

Comment

Working...
                      X