• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overweight IT Contractors' weight loss diary: day 1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ardesco
    No offence but why?? You aren't going to have any noticable difference in weight before and after a 30 min jog...

And I must admit I am overweight too, but according to the doctors and thier BMI charts when I was 19, skinny as a rake and going to kung-fu competitions to get my arse kicked.. erm i mean compete I was aparently borderline obese. Last time I went to the doctor I was classified as medically obese despite the fact that while overweight i'm not a blob of fat, i'm just short.

With this in mind BMI is a load of old tosh, everybody knows that muscle wieghs more than fat but BMI is calculated purely on weight/height calculations. Most people with a decent amount of muscle will probably be classified as borderline obese/obese if they aren't very tall.
    Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat, it just uses less space

PS BMI is a good rule of thumb, unless you are a weightlifter of course. Fat people often say BMI is nonsense because they are in denial.
    Last edited by Jesus; 25 September 2006, 12:54.

Comment

You don't need a blooming BMI index to know your overweight.

So just to help everyone here are the signs of being overweight.

1. Looking fat.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
        You don't need a blooming BMI index to know your overweight.

So just to help everyone here are the signs of being overweight.

1. Looking fat.
        2. Not being able to see your willy.
        3. Having to sit sideways to type at your PC.

HTH
        Threaded
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Therefore a peice of muscle that takes up the same amount of space as a peice of fat would weigh more, hence muscle weighs more than fat

Comment

Did anyone now else spot

12 0 Clock, run
            1 0 Clock - Food

This is more than 1 hour for lunch. So AtW is still out of work and at home. Get off your arse and do some excercise you fat russian fool.

MF in 'Pot calling' Mode
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

my mother-in-law is so fat...that when in the same room as her, it doesn't matter where you sit down, you're still sitting next to her!

Comment

My wife is so fat that when she lays on the beach the people feel sorry for her and try to roll her back into the water.

Comment

Couple of myths:

Hormones are not the reason for being fat: stop eating so many fucking cakes.

Crash dieting/Atkins diets/some fecking Jesus diets (you know the ones that fat people like: eating 500 loaves, Ben & Jerry's manna from heaven ice cream and 40 fishes per meal) simply reduce your metabolism, so when the old natural human emotion of "Oh, I've been good the last two weeks, I'll treat myself to a curry" followed by "WTF! I'm 3 kg heavier" trick - the one that created the WeightWatcher's empire...

To lose weight: either

(a) Leave a tin of tuna out for 3 weeks then consume

or less painful and slightly longer processs

(b) Exercise every day (and not walking FFS, that burns up about 3 calories/hour) and eat less quantity of food, stay off ALL processed foods and eat more fruit and vegetables.

It's so fecking simple.
                  Last edited by hyperD; 25 September 2006, 13:35.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    2. Not being able to see your willy.
                    3. Having to sit sideways to type at your PC.

HTH
                    Threaded
                    Conclusive proof i'm not obese!! Wel ok 2 possible options here:
                    1. I'm overweight but not obese because I have no problem seeing my member when i look down
                    2. I have a absolutely huge member that cannot be obscured by my belly
                    Now as much as I would like 2 to be true, I have a feeling that the truth is more likely to be 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                      Therefore a peice of muscle that takes up the same amount of space as a peice of fat would weigh more, hence muscle weighs more than fat
                      It compacts more, it doesn't weigh more than fat, a bit like saying
                      a ton of bricks weighs more than a ton of feathers.

Comment

Working...
                      X