• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grr parking tickets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Maybe we should all keep a tin of black paint in the car. Park where you like and paint over the lines. Or claim you have a rare disability that makes you think the lines are green and indicate free parking.

Last ticket I got was a couple of months ago but managed to get it cancelled as I had a valid permit as a council gym member but forgot to put it in the dashboard. Got threatening email to effect "next time you won't be so lucky!"
    A crafty person might claim to have broken down. They can't fine you for that.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
      A crafty person might claim to have broken down. They can't fine you for that.
      Aye. You do have to prove that apparently.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I don't know why I've just read a thread about someone who *might* get a parking ticket.

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          I don't know why I've just read a thread about someone who *might* get a parking ticket.

its like reading the Daily Mail without the house prices
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I might have my lunch soon. Or should I start a new thread?
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
              Jeesus, is your answer to everything 'UKIP', they are not getting in or will have any influence so their policies (designed to pander to the downtrodden masses) are irrelevant!
              It'll be like when all the liberals and hippies thought the messiah Obama would bring world peace. Only without the disappointment when having gained power he failed to deliver.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You love some action, don't you lass?

Comment

Psycho - What make and model do you drive?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    Psycho - What make and model do you drive?
                    Sinclair C5 or Robin Reliant is my guess

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Agreed to come in late and stay late today at client to do some out of hours work. Staying overnight here as well.

What I didnt reckon on was no parking at the train station. Usually, when I go in (730) there's tons of spaces - 9am train bugger all space.

In the end it was a case of stick on double yellow or miss the train. Calculating the cost of an hours work missed sitting on the train station and winding the client up by rocking up an hour later its worth taking the hit.

Sympathy please if I get a ticket. (Saying that tons of people seem to park on this road every day - I dont - and never seem to get ticketed)

Surprised that NCP at station was rammed full. £9 a day so for the two days = £18. Rather take my chances at £35 for a parking ticket!

Used to work in city centre. Was about £9 a day to park so I used to park on double yellow. Got a ticket about once every 3 weeks so quids in really. (it was £30 then - its £35 now I think).
                      Aren't you actually taking a chance on £300 or more for a towaway?!

Guess you'll have found out by now, if you get back to the station and find your car has gone.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X