• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Andy & AtW

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy & AtW

Mod : This is not light relief. This is serious. This board is getting spammed minute by minute by at least one of these guys and I for one think you should have a word.

Dear AtW & Andy

Firstly, just wanted to say, I love your column. I think it's witty & entertaining - where do you guys come up with this stuff. Hilarious.

Anyway. I'm a member of a Contractors Bulletin Board on the 'interweb'. This site has always had it's members of different persuasions & different opinions, but recently it seems as if it's just two members who post constantly.

The first member is obviously quite technically gifted. But this is where it finishes. He constantly tries to have the last word on every thread. He offers advice to everyone about every subject. He's a real know-it-all, but really seems to know nothing. As someone once said about Lisa in a Simpsons episode - 'Oh here she comes an answer to a question nobody asked'. Anyway my question is, do you think this member has anything else in his life and how can we stop him offering stupid advice to everyone?

The second member is posting at a horrendous rate. It's obvious to all around that he has limited mental capacity and in fact may be a young child sitting at his mothers computer. At 4 0 Clock each day she obviously comes home and switches it off. His endless drivel is really clogging up the boards. If it was email he would be arrested for spam. Do you think we should try to engage him and talk to him as an adult or should we ignore him?

I hope you can help.

Yours

Marillion Fan
    Contractor UK Member
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 22 September 2006, 09:58.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Agreed.

Although Atw generally posts something approaching sense.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Agreed.

Although Atw generally posts something approaching sense.

you always were a follower and not a leader ! loser !

Comment

Agreed. Dump him and let's do something more useful and valuable with our posts here.

Comment

ban me if you want, I dont care !

Comment

banned

Originally posted by Andyw
            ban me if you want, I dont care !
            Just needed the excuse.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X