• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why BTL will never fail in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    My dad once told me you could fit all the people in the world on the Isle of Wight and still have room to spare.
    The place would sink when Suity got on.

Comment

David Cameron immigration speech, April 2011

"But with us, our borders will be under control and immigration will be at levels our country can manage.
      No ifs. No buts.
      That's a promise we made to the British people. And it's a promise we are keeping."

Complete and utter BS - lying b*****d.

for the sake of impartiality..

Gordon Brown "British jobs for British workers"
      "Milliband and Brown handed out work permits to 500,000 non EU economic migrants"
      Complete and utter BS - lying b*****ds

“I pledge to vote against any increase in fees in the next parliament and to pressure the government to introduce a fairer alternative.”
      Nick Clegg (Lib Dem), Sheffield Hallam, Liberal Democrat Leader

Complete and utter BS - lying b*****d.
      Last edited by SunnyInHades; 14 April 2015, 10:50.

Comment

You're confusing lying with incompetence.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          So in one year the population grew (excluding births/deaths) by 300k. Or, by 0.5%. Wow.
          Yes, 0.5% doesn't sound like much does it?
          Or we could say, approx. 6% of the population of Scotland, 10% of the population of Wales, or 16% of the population of Northern Ireland. Sounds a tad higher then.

Or how about twice the population of Brighton? Or a tad under the population of Cardiff?

Or even, nearly 8 times the population of the county that I live in?

Sounds a bit bigger then doesn't it?

Thing is, you can convert any number to a percentage of something else to make it fit in with your own viewpoint but all that happens is that, whilst you get a slap on the back from the other left wing "let them all come and be given succour" types for showing things as they "really are", you actually just make yourself seem just a little bit of a tit.

Comment

he is wanting to renegotiate open borders with he EU then have a vote.

It is a reasonably sensible approach to the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              According to the papers we also have the highest growth in Europe, the best healthcare, etc, etc. So what even if we are the most crowded - someone has to be and that doesn't mean it's something to be avoided intrinsically.
              We live in a country where people move to France for the quality of life! I wonder if the fact that France has 105 people per km whereas England has 419 people per km has anything to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                he is wanting to renegotiate open borders with he EU then have a vote.

It is a reasonably sensible approach to the problem.
                Makes sense to the Tory party. Everyone else in the EU? Stupid Brits again. Freedom of movement is a fundamental right in the EU.

Comment

he is wanting to renegotiate
                  This will NEVER happen

Comment

Also, thinking about it, it's only certain areas of the UK that are overcrowded, where I live it's not crowded at all.. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                      Also, thinking about it, it's only certain areas of the UK that are overcrowded, where I live it's not crowded at all.. :-)
                      Is that because no one wants to live there?

Comment

Working...
                      X