• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The first rule of internet trolling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a lesson well learnt, but an easy mistake a child can make.

Close the Google account and invoke "right to be forgotten".
    Tell Google its to do with "child protection" laws or something like that.
    That's assuming you can find a human to talk to at Google.

Then ban your daughter from ever using the internet again.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

You spend the better part of your time on here doing the very same thing. It is truly surprising your off-spring repeats those actions?

Set an example.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        It's a lesson well learnt, but an easy mistake a child can make.

Close the Google account and invoke "right to be forgotten".
        Tell Google its to do with "child protection" laws or something like that.
        That's assuming you can find a human to talk to at Google.

Then ban your daughter from ever using the internet again.
        I thought that was with regard to spent convictions, not live action bullying.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          I thought that was with regard to spent convictions, not live action bullying.
          I think the fact that the child is a child would rather supersede all such issues. Just say that your 8 year old girl opened the account and it needs to be deleted

Minimum Age Requirements: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Secret [INFOGRAPHIC] | SocialTimes has the minimum ages for all social media sites...

However she does need to apologise to the child's parents
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Few years ago son (who was 9 at the time) joined a minecraft hosted site or something - cost 20E if I remember. Got banned after about 2 days.

So I emailed the admin to ask why etc. since he was a bit upset.

Not aware of minecraft but apparently you build towns/worlds etc. Someone had wrecked something of his, so he retaliated.

Asked the admin how did he know it was him. Turns out he'd spent 20 mins wrecking it, 20 mins pouring lava everywhere and then put a sign saying "xyz mashed your stuff".

Nice one son!
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I guess its all down to bad parenting, have you taught her nothing about sockies!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                I guess its all down to bad parenting, have you taught her nothing about sockies!
                ^This

BastardMac beat me to it.

Very bad parenting indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  ^This

Exactly. I've now helped her to create [email protected]. She will be using that from now on.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    ^This

Well given he was stupid enough to use his own real name on one of his other internet persona's we can't blame his daughter for cocking up!

Either keep it all anonymous and bad mouth who you want, or go public but just be careful what you post for others to see and accept responsibility for what you do say
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Exactly. I've now helped her to create [email protected]. She will be using that from now on.
                      Just sent an email to that address and it bounced. Liar Liar pants on fire

Comment

Working...
                      X