• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looks like little Richard Hammond might be dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andyw
    Don't you
    That would infer a question, and he's not asking one.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
      That would infer a question, and he's not asking one.

yes he is !

Comment

OK, he could be, you never know with Blaster. All those years in a padded cell can really feck up your grammar and punctuation skills.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Yep I love the programme too. It always takes the piss out of political correctness - a rare but refreshing format on TV nowadays.

It sounds like Hamster will pull through but there must be a big question mark if he can resume his roll in TG. It sounds like TG did rather over step the mark this time but like many others, I hope the BBC won't be bullied into taming TG too much.

What sort of training did he have to enable him to drive a car like that?
          The same as anyone else incl a fighter pilot I'd have thought. To be able to press the starter, close his knees, and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
            Yep I love the programme too. It always takes the piss out of political correctness - a rare but refreshing format on TV nowadays.

It sounds like Hamster will pull through but there must be a big question mark if he can resume his roll in TG. It sounds like TG did rather over step the mark this time but like many others, I hope the BBC won't be bullied into taming TG too much.

The same as anyone else incl a fighter pilot I'd have thought. To be able to press the starter, close his knees, and hope for the best.

There was a brief report on R4 this morning that included an interview with the previous Stig ( the one that got fired ) who was basically saying you do very little apart from put your foot down, hold on tight and hope for the best.
            Steering and braking dont really happen during the run and your final speed is in direct proportion to the size of your balls and ability to control your fear.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

"Originally Posted by Churchill
              What sort of training did he have to enable him to drive a car like that?

Personal tuition from Threaded."

Except when threaded is driving, due to his considerable bulk it has the perfomance similar to an early and badly maintained Mini Metro. Put a small bloke in it and look what happens.

"final speed is in direct proportion to the size of your balls and ability to control your fear"

and the ability of the car to stay on all 4 wheels is an important factor also.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Well the reports say that one of the tyres blew. Bearing that in mind I don't think any driver could have kept it on the road. A tyre going at 300MPH = crash no matter how good you are behind the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                  Well the reports say that one of the tyres blew. Bearing that in mind I don't think any driver could have kept it on the road. A tyre going at 300MPH = crash no matter how good you are behind the wheel.

They were told not to use remoulds !

Comment

Can you still buy remoulds, some tight barsteward on here must know?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus
                      Can you still buy remoulds, some tight barsteward on here must know?

Ardesco ?

Comment

Working...
                      X