• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Croatia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    I remember my parents never wanting to go in the days of the old Yugoslavia because it was full of German nudists.

Then the war came.

Don't know if the naturists have since returned to that part of the world.
    A top tip for holiday destinations is to always follow the Germans

HTH
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Pivo...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        14 Hours! good ho.
        I can do that, provided there is a beer and steak and chips at the end
        Sorry Sir, the steak's off. I can offer you a fracas instead?

Comment

I did Hampshire to Tabor. I had a co driver who I really didn't need. Then I did Tabor to Hampshire after a weekend of fighting and partying ... then I needed the co-driver. Then we got stopped by German police and had the conversation:

"Any cigarettes in the car?"
          "No, sir"
          "Any alcohol in the car?"
          "No, sir"
          "Any weapons in the car?"
          "Erm ... yes - kind of -"
          *steps away from the door and his hand drops to his waist with a new tension in his body*
          "Get out of the car"
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

It's our 3rd day in Dubrovnik sitting in the sun on the terrace overlooking the old city
            The sea is a perfect blue and the birds are singing.
            It took us two days to get to zadar in Croatia then half a day down to Dubrovnik.
            A perfect trip apart from riding a red weather warning through the Austrian Alps on Monday
            Beer is good at 1.50 a pint

I want to take a jaunt into Bosnia but Mrs eo is dead against it.
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It's our 3rd day in Dubrovnik sitting in the sun on the terrace overlooking the old city
              It took us two days to get to zadar in Croatia then half a day down to Dubrovnik.
              A perfect trip apart from riding a red weather warning through the Austrian Alps on Monday

If you get a chance, drive along the route number 8 along Croatian coast.

Comment

If you fancy somewhere a bit quieter then a hop down the coast to Cavtat is worth a day trip. The coast road is worth the trip on it's own.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Well done getting there.

Bosnia is okay, a bit like the Northumberland moors but without the silly accents. Some of the small towns are beautiful around the Bihac area, look out for the roadside memorials to the dead from the war, some of them are really beautiful and poignant. If you go just be prepared to have your car searched by Croatian customs for cigarettes and booze on the way back.
                  Last edited by GlenW; 2 April 2015, 09:54. Reason: Spelling
                  I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    If you fancy somewhere a bit quieter then a hop down the coast to Cavtat is worth a day trip. The coast road is worth the trip on it's own.
                    Yep, we are setting off as soon as the washing is done, heading down to Garuda for a little sightseeing.
                    I have climbed more steps in the last few days than I knew existed.
                    I was overweight when I got here ,now I look like a skelington that's done 3 years on the Burma railway
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X