• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plane crash in Alps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also thought pilots would have to have in-house medicals, covering both physical and mental health?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I also thought pilots would have to have in-house medicals, covering both physical and mental health?
      He did but the Dr's don't have/didn't have access to his external records.

Edited to say - this is what I have read about it.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        This guy was under treatment by one or more doctors. They MUST have asked him at some point what do you do for a living? If his answer was airline pilot, all alarm bells should have started to ring and the doctors should have informed the authorities immediately and his license should have been revoked.
        It isn't that simple is it?

Out of all the thousands of pilots in the world I doubt he is the only one who has mental health issues. What do you propose? Ground them all?

As was said before - most individuals with suicidal tendancies generally only take themselves out - this guy wasn't the norm.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Mind's response to today's front pages on the Germanwings plane crash | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

The terrible loss of life in the Germanwings plane crash is tragic, and we send our deepest sympathies to the families. Whilst the full facts are still emerging, there has been widespread media reporting speculating about the link with the pilot’s history of depression, which has been overly simplistic.

Clearly assessment of all pilots’ physical and mental health is entirely appropriate - but assumptions about risk shouldn't be made across the board for people with depression, or any other illness. There will be pilots with experience of depression who have flown safely for decades, and assessments should be made on a case by case basis.

Today’s headlines risk adding to the stigma surrounding mental health problems, which millions of people experience each year, and we would encourage the media to report this issue responsibly.

Comment

Most suicidal people would not hurt others. If, what is reported he said to the ex-girlfriend is true, it would seem he chose to crash a 'plane full of passengers in order to achieve notoriety. This sounds like a different mental illness to depression.

The worst possible outcome of all this would be for depressed people to avoid seeking help for fear of losing their livelihood.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              There are laws. For instance, when I went battulip back in 2012 I paid for my own counselling. Session 1, the counsellor said "I must warn you, if in my professional opinion you pose a threat to others I will have to report you to the police".

And she never did
              You did not kill her, did you?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                The worst possible outcome of all this would be for depressed people to avoid seeking help for fear of losing their livelihood.
                SO it is the fault of the companies for not encouraging/taking on depressed people.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  SO it is the fault of the companies for not encouraging/taking on depressed people.
                  Where did I say that?

Comment

Where did I say that?
                    You didn't. I inferred

Comment

Where did I say that?
                      Don't feed the troll MS.
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X